[Part 1 Finale] Chapter 38 - For Whom the Bells Toll

Start from the beginning

''Kazuma-kun...You... came to be our tutor?''

''Have a problem with it?'' I crossed my arms. ''Are you going to keep me waiting outside?''

"Now, now, that's quite a surprise." Yotsuba said with a playful tone. ''I know we haven't talked much, Kurosawa-san, but you don't seem like the kind of person who would agree to such a thing, hehe.''

"Does it matter?" I replied back in a stern tone. "You should be grateful to have a tutor at all. Why I am here today is none of your business, tch.''

''Thanks for coming this far Kazuma, please come inside.''

''Miku!'' Ichika turns red out of nowhere and stares at me. ''...''

''Fuutarou and I went to see Nino yesterday. She has no intention of returning. Guess... that was the plan they didn't tell me about. Even if we split up, he wanted to prepare us for the finals. I think it's very admirable what they did, we'd probably disappoint Fuutarou and Asuka if we refused.''

"Hum hum! I get it, like a temporary tutor!" Yotsuba nodded multiple times. "Kurosawa-san, please come in!"

''Ichika, are you okay? You look...weird.''

''S-so this w-was Fuutarou-kun's plan all along, Miku?''

''It seems so.''

"Mou, Fuutarou-kun! You left onee-chan in quite a hassle..."

Despite this being my first time visiting their residance, I already have a good idea of what to expect

Despite this being my first time visiting their residance, I already have a good idea of what to expect. Luxurious and large, as are all assholes with innately high standards of living, like these girls. Their stepfather, Maruo Nakano, runs one of the city's largest hospitals, not one to let their daughters live in misery.

''Kurosawa-san, gimme your hoodie!''

I removed my hoodie and handed it to Yotsuba, who then hung it on the coat rack. "There we go. Shi shi shi~ We raised the A/C temperature since Nino isn't here.''

''...?''

"Nino always keeps the temperature low, so it could get cold here, but now that she's not here..." Miku chimed in, completing her sister's explanation. "That's what Yotsuba meant."

We entered in after all those nonsense events at the door. The house is designed just as I had thought, racing to blend in with its surroundings. I haven't personally met Maruo Nakano but I can tell that he designed this place. Everything here has been carefully selected to create an even more profound ambiance, as if it wanted to say, You will get to know me.

''Miku and I were playing games before you came Kurosawa-san, would you like to join us? We have an extra joystick.'' Yotsuba pointed their TV, displaying an paused fighting game. ''Asuka-kun taught us how to play a while ago! We were testing ourselves.''

''Pass. You're too comfortable for someone whose finals are coming up.'' I glanced upstairs where the rooms were numbered - five rooms, five sisters. Maruo Nakano isn't staying here.

''Hey, just so you know, I'm studying really hard for the finals! Just because our tutors have other things to do doesn't mean we should sit idle.'' She pout.