SH: Unexplainable Tears

ik i said im not gonna make any more... but it was a really bad day. 

im wishing a lot of love and comfort to everyone reading this :)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Seonghwa couldn't sleep. It was weird. Yeah, sometimes it took him a while to fall asleep once his head hit the pillow, but now... he was wide awake. Something was wrong- with him or if it was something else, he couldn't figure it out.

Annoyed with his sudden insomnia, he turned on his side and checked his phone that was charging. 12:56 am. He had gone to bed at 10.

Groaning, he sat up and rubbed his eyes. No use just lying around. 

Seonghwa put on a thin sweater and walked out of his room, trying to be as quiet as possible so that he wouldn't wake up any others in the dorm. Maybe I should get some water-

The black haired boy suddenly stopped in his tracks as he heard something really faint, like... sniffles? He looked around the hallway, then stepped closer to the sound coming from the right. 

From Byeol's room.

Leaning in, Seonghwa listened closely. His heart squeezed at the sounds of muffled sobs. Without wasting a second, he knocked lightly on the door.

"Byeol?" He asked quietly. The sounds suddenly stopped, and Seonghwa knew she was probably just startled. He bit his lip and leaned in again, adding, "I'm coming in."

Slowly opening the door, Seonghwa threw his eyes around the dimly illuminated room until they landed on the small figure of Byeol, curled up on the corner of her bed with a book by her feet. She had her face buried in her hands and her long hair fell like a curtain covering her arms. Her shoulders shook with each sob.

Seonghwa pursed his lips as he felt his heart hurt at the sight. He quickly rushed over to her side, sitting down next to her on the bed and gently reaching forward and placing a hand on her knee. 

"Byeol?" Seonghwa's voice was laced with worry as he moved her hair out of her face, revealing red and puffy eyes instead of the tranquil and beautiful ones he loved to look at. "Byeol, what's wrong?"

But words evaded the pained girl. She couldn't even explain it. All she could do was give in and let Seonghwa wrap his arms around her and pull her into his warm, conformable embrace. The comfort which she wished she could just live in everyday, rather than constantly being put in pain that she never asked for. 

Seonghwa rubbed her back, resting his head on top of hers.

"Don't cry, Byeol. Things will get better- they always do. Just be patient, love. Things will get better, I promise."

And so he went on for a while. It was only once Byeol was able to control herself that Seonghwa realized the pain in his heart and the block of insomnia in his head were starting to fade away. But he couldn't think too much of that right now- he had bigger problems on hand.

"Byeolie?" He asked softly, tucking the quiet girl's hair behind her ear again as she turned her head to the side to take a deep breath.

"Sorry." Was the first thing that left her mouth. "I'm sorry, Seonghwa. You should be asleep, shouldn't you?"

"Hey, don't worry about that. Seriously, I couldn't sleep anyway. I came out to get water when I heard you..." Seonghwa trailed off as he looked at her. But she refused to make eye contact. Too much was on her mind, however, she couldn't lie- having a shoulder to cry on really helped calm her down. 

The shaking girl wrapped her arms tightly around her one and only comfort.

"I'm sorry. I just, I dunno..."

A heartbeat of silence passed between the two.

"What happened?" He asked finally. "If you wanna talk."

Byeol simply shook her head, burying her face into his chest again as tears filled up her eyes.

"It's bad. It's really bad, Seonghwa. I tried to read a book to distract myself but it was so bad that I couldn't even concentrate on the words and I-I was just reading the same sentences over and over and over again and I just broke into tears because I just couldn't stop the pain and- and-" sobs threatened to take over her words and she stopped talking before she lost control of herself again.

"Shh, it's okay," Seonghwa pulled her closer and rubbed her back again, kissing the top of her head. "It's okay, Byeol, I'm right here. It's gonna be okay soon; it'll pass. I'm sorry it's so bad right now. But you're so, so strong. I know you can get through it. I believe in you."

"Just s-stay with me, please?" Byeol mumbled in between her sniffles. 

"Of course, Byeolie. Always."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

crying rn-