Chapter 53: The forest of sorrow

Me, a lizard guy, gets paired with a tall, dark skinned badass that's a time senshi apparently and another cute girl that apparently is the senshi of death and rebirth. Sailors Pluto and Saturn, respectively. How friggin metal are we, eh? This demon general is gonna be cake.

The location however, is what kills what vibes i do have and makes my blood run cold.

Aokigahara Forest, otherwise known as "The Seas of Trees" and "Suicide Forest". It's popular grounds for, well, suicide, for some odd reason. Hence why the demon general decided to set up shop there and feed off the negative emotions and energies that reside there. To put it in perspective, normal people see an eerie forest, i see an eerie forest that has a ton of dark energy swirling about.

"I hate this place...." said Pluto, as we entered.

"I don't blame you. However, the demon that's here is abusing the spirits here for negative energy. That wrong on a new level." I stated.

"Perhaps we can cleanse it after we deal with the demon. So many poor souls that have ended their lives prematurely......i want to help them move on." Saturn said solemnly.

"You can do that?" I asked.

"Yes. With Rei teaching me the art of exorcism on the side, to help with my cultural club i used to be a part of back in high-school, i can, indeed, help spirits to the afterlife. After all, i am the senshi of death, aren't i?" She said with a wink.

Said wink, gave me chills, like there was a beast behind that cute smile and complexion.....like the grim friggin reaper just winked at me.

When we entered, i could feel the souls of the depressed and woeful peering at us from the trees. Most were up in the trees, while the rest were on the ground, reaching out to us while we walked on the trail.

"This is....awful...." i said, shivering.

Saturn looked at the sight with great sadness, as well as Pluto.

Further up the trail, there was a greater eeriness that could only be described as seeing the den of a beast. I seen the air up ahead as a dark purple aura, that blanketed the area that was a tad more dense with trees.

Without saying words, we knew what was up ahead, so we immediately put our guards up and prepared for whatever is there.

We would then enter the area and would immediately feel dread, with fear slowly creeping in.

"Don't let it get to you! We're of the crystal royal family!" Cried pluto, as she readied her staff.

"That's right!" Said saturn.

I nodded and lit one of my whisper wood sticks, as confidence would begin to take over.

TEKETEKETEKETEKE

"What on earth-" i said, before i immediately ducked, as a scythe whizzed above me.

As soon as the scythe lodged itself in a tree, the upper torso of, what appears to be a school girl, zipped to the scythe and looked at us with a psychotic grin and giggle, as she yanked the scythe out of the tree with one hand, and held onto the tree with her other hand, fingers imbedded in the trees itself as if she effortlessly jammed them in it.

"Wait, i know you.....you're teke teke! An onryō of a girl that was killed via train!" I shouted.

"Keheheh....yes....this is i...." she said with a creepy tone.

"But, you're normally in urban areas and train stations.....why are you here??" I asked.

She snarled, before sporting a crooked grin again.