Chapter Fourteen

"Once again...My brother punches a guy for me, and now the whole school is talking about it...huh, I am getting deja vu"

Grace walked the hallways, her head low as she kept her eyes on the ground. It was a repeat of the last time she was here. A boy does something bad to Grace causing a ripple effect of her brother seeing and proceeding to beat the boy up, which starts the biggest story of the year.

Grace was already planning her departure from Hogwarts at this point, she walks into the common area and sits down shoving a book in her face to forget everything that happened. "You really can be a troublemaker sometimes"Someone said, making her look up seeing Cho Chang.

"Listen, Cho, I am not in--" "If you just let Mattheo down from the start he would've said yes to me," She said making the blonde furrow her eyebrows. "What?" Grace asked closing her books, "Mattheo Riddle, I asked him to formal and he said no to me and apparently to a bunch of other girls" Cho said making the girl scoffed.

"and what does that have to do with me?" Grace asked looking away annoyed, "People are saying the reason he is denying girls and getting into fights is because he is trying to get you to say yes to him to go to the Yule Ball" Cho said crossing her arms.

"So? I have all the right to say no to him or let him wait. Aren't you the one that strung Harry along, then asked Mattheo out, and instead of asking Harry you decide to go to the ball with my brother?" Grace said taking Cho back, "If I have shit on me, you do to, it's so obvious" Grace said standing up. 

"I, however, do not care if you go to my brother for sympathy and go to the dance with him because that is his choice" Grace started, "I will tell my brother how much of a shitty partner he is gonna have at the Yule Ball, is she is gonna belittle me when I know my actions and hold them above anyone else opinions about me" Grace said.

"Mattheo Riddle is not being strung along, his ego is making him follow me. I do not have plans on stringing him along" Grace said, "and I would recommend apologizing to me sooner for your allegations before I tell my brother what you said to me" Grace said before pinching Cho's cheek, "Got it?"She asked causing the Ravenclaw to nod before Grace let go.

Grace saw her brother, "Cedric!" Grace said as she walked over to her brother. The two of them began to talk, causing Cho to groan and walk off angrily about the whole situation. "Thanks for beating Mattheo up for me" Grace said, Cedric nods. "I won't let him do that" He started before looking away.

"But people are telling me that he asked you to the Yule Ball" Cedric said making Grace sigh before nodding, "He did" She said softly. "You aren't going to say yes to him right?" Her brother said to her, the young girl sighed. "I don't know...he's so confusing. One day he seems to like me and the next he is choking me, threatening me" Grace said.

She was upset at Mattheo, he is giving all these mixed signals in public and private making her unsure of what Mattheo wanted from her. "You should think about it, the black lake challenge is only a couple of days away and that means the Yule ball isn't far. I know you said you didn't want to go but think about it, it would be nice to see you go" Cedric said patting his sister's head.

"I know...I'll think about it" Grace spoke softly before suddenly hugging Cedric, "Thank you though, for always sticking up for me... I don't know what I would've done if you weren't there" She said making Cedric smile hugging her back. "I gotta protect my little sister, it's the big brother thing" Cedric said carefully.

After a moment Grace pulled away, "Also, talk to Cho. She said it was my fault because Mattheo rejected her proposal, and I do not want to fight her about it" Grace said, Cedric nods slightly. "I will"He said before letting his sister go and deal with her feelings.

Grace walked into the Great Hall and sat alone at the Hufflepuff table, trying to figure out what to do, but her silence was cut off by Pansy hitting the table in front of her. Pansy was about to open her mouth, but Grace stood up angry. "I don't know what happened! Your friend choked me, got it?! I don't know why you people are so angry with me when I did nothing but tell your friend that I hated his damn attitude!" Grace yelled causing the whole great hall to go quiet.

"So leave me alone Pansy! Tell your whole group to leave me and my friends alone! I want nothing to do with any of you ever!" Grace yelled before she grabbed her stuff and walked out once again, what she didn't know was Mattheo was sitting there listening. All of Slytherin was surprised at the sheer anger Grace had within her, Lorenzo sighs as he got up. 

"I told you guys that your plan was not going to make Grace go with Mattheo, but you never listen. Maybe Mattheo should find a way to ask Grace that will make her happy" Lorenzo said as he walks off to go comfort his best friend, knowing she probably had a pretty shitty day.