One plate was piled with waffles and the other with pancakes. The aroma was delightful.

"Just some school stuff." I chuckled.

Timothy looked slightly distressed.

I smacked his back. "Right, T?" I pressed my teeth together in a smile, though my voice was demanding.

"R-right.." He agreed quickly.

I read T's phone from over his shoulder.

You: u don't have to bring me to school today

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖗𝖑𝖎𝖊<3: y not???

You: ill explain later

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖗𝖑𝖎𝖊<3: wth? is everything okay?

You: yes, don't worru

You: worry*

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖗𝖑𝖎𝖊<3: ofc im worried

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖗𝖑𝖎𝖊<3: i always drive u 2 school

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖗𝖑𝖎𝖊<3: babe?

What a little bitch. Immediately worried just because Timothy was catching a ride with someone who wasn't four years older than him.

"A little controlling, don't you think?" I mumbled when Joe went into the kitchen to grab some toppings.

"Stop reading my texts!"

"Someone has to talk some sense into you."

"Well, you shouldn't be the one to do it since you make no sense."

"Of course I do!"

"Cause climbing into someone's window past midnight and demanding they read you poetry makes complete sense!"

"I couldn't sleep and it was your fault, okay?"

"How was it my fault you couldn't sleep?!"

Because your whole being is haunting me! I can't close my eyes without seeing your face!

Goddamn, that sounds so gay! And again with the questions!

"Shut up!" I pushed him lightly.

Surprisingly, this time he pushed me right back. I felt nothing but still, an eye for an eye.

I leaned forward when Joe held us apart. "Hey, hey, hey, enough of that! Now, what's going on?"

"Nothing, dad." Timothy sighed, turning away.

"Joe, I think there's something you should know."

Joe looked very concerned.

"Josh, stop-"

"It's about him and Charlie, actually. They've been spending a lot of time together lately. So much so that-"

Someone rang the doorbell, interrupting my speech.

Joe sighed.

"I'll be right back." He walked out of the kitchen.

"What's the matter with you?!" Timothy began.

I shrugged. "He's your dad. I think he should know what's been going on with you. Or should I say inside you."

"Josh, it's not funny."

"I think it's pretty damn hilarious, actually."

"Look, I'll do whatever you want, okay?"

Timothy's pleading eyes softened my heart. And then those magic words..