Vol 1 - Chapter 4. Stranger

Because it was exam period, the library was full. The silent and dry air unique to the library lingers in the reading room. Students wearing earphones looked at their major books with serious expressions. It was a trial period.

Jeong Yoon, who had been meaninglessly scribbling the same words on his notebook, put down his pen and tapped on the shoulder.

It's already been three hours since I started studying, so I lost my concentration. When I glanced at Kwon Mi Hee, she was still concentrating. He wanted to hang out over a cup of coffee together, but he didn't want to be disturbed so he decided to go out alone.

After he bought a cup of coffee from the basement store, he came out to the flower bed that led to it. The night air was quite refreshing.

'Shall we go for one more hour? I'm tired.'

I sucked on the straw while listening to the rustling sound of grasshoppers.

As I was doing that, a man who had been smoking in front of me turned to me. Then, with a 'huh?' expression, he lookedaround Jeong Yoon.

Jeong Yoon stared at the male student with an expressionless expression. Soon after, he lit a cigarette and approached Jeong Yoon.

"hello."

Are you acquainted I don't remember.

"hello."

Jeong Yoon didn't know who he was talking to, but he said hello first. 7 years old. It was a great way of greeting that I personally learned after being slapped on the back by her mother for not saying hello properly.

The man sat down on the bench where Jeong Yoon was sitting. Jeong Yoon's eyebrows furrowed slightly. The smell of his cigarette wafted in the wind, which was oddly unpleasant. It was strange. Chae Heon's vague smell was fine, but why did I hate this person so much? I want my sense of smell to react as I go by looking at people. He was dumbfounded by himself.

"Can I smoke one?"

"no."

In response to Jeong Yoon's refusal, the other man put the cigarette back in his hand with a shy expression. And he soon got to the point.

"Hey, he's the one I go with every day. That long-haired woman... . Aren't you here today?"

"why?"

"Is he your girlfriend by any chance?"

"No, why?"

When he asked how Mi Hee was doing, I felt wary for some reason, so I answered bluntly. How dangerous is the world these days? However, despite Jeong Yoon's rough expression, the man only smiled as if he was relieved.

"The atmosphere didn't seem like a boyfriend, but... I'm glad anyway. I have some interest in him."

He must have called to ask if he was Mi Hee's boyfriend or not. Jeong Yoon glanced at the man with a sullen face. What if you are interested? Are you asking for a number? Isn't our Mi Hee pretty?

The man had dyed light brown hair, thick eyebrows, and a tiny dot on his cheek. He had a small earring in his ear, and he was a handsome man who seemed a bit edgy, but even that seemed attractive.

Mi Hee likes handsome men. The opponent in front of you is handsome. But somehow I didn't like it. It's a bit like having prejudices based on a person's appearance, but he seemed like the type who would annoy his girlfriend for some reason because he was so popular.

'Jeong Yoon-ah. Good-looking people always get upset over contact issues or women issues.'

I remembered what Mi Hee said to me that day. First impressions were telling. That the man in front of her would be the kind of handsome boyfriend Mi Hee had been talking about. The man moved her butt towards Seo Jeong Yoon and thrust his cell phone into it.