"It becomes my business when it involves someone I care about. So, explain yourself, Kiego. Now." Dabi said, his voice lowering to a dangerous growl as he slammed his hands on the desk, leaning over slightly.

"Fine. If you really need to know, Y/N is involved with some dangerous people. Though I don't think she is aware that the people she's working with are dangerous, for now, I'm just keeping an eye on her as a good friend of hers," Kiego explained, leaning back again with his arms crossed nonchalantly.

"Keeping an eye on her? That's just a fancy way of saying you're spying on her, Kiego," Dabi said, his voice sharp as he narrowed his eyes on him.

"Call it what you want, but I'm just trying to protect my friend's life," Kiego shrugged, not paying any interest in Dabi's accusations.

"Well, I'm telling you to back off. I can take care of her myself," Dabi said, his voice calmer this time as he recomposed himself.

"Oh, really? And how exactly do you plan on keeping her safe? I bet you didn't even know about the fact that she was surrounded by dangerous people until I told you," Kiego retorted, arching an eyebrow.

"Don't worry about what I know or don't know; just stay away from her," Dabi hissed.

"Then tell me, Dabi. Have you even told her about your identity yet?" Kiego smirked with a mocking grin.

"That's not the point, Kiego."

It took some time for the two men to argue back and forth, stating what they thought was right and wrong as they discussed your future. After some time, the two finally settled on an agreement that they would work together to protect you.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"See you tomorrow." You waved goodbye to your coworker and your manager before walking out of the shop.

It was late into the evening when you finished your shift, as you had stayed behind a little longer to help your manager prep some pastries for tomorrow. Though you didn't mind, you were pretty exhausted from all the mixing and baking.

Walking down the almost empty streets, you were deep in your thoughts when a hand suddenly grabbed your wrist, pulling you back as a gasp escaped your lips. You were greeted by a white dress shirt and a black tie as the person wrapped their arms around you.

"I missed you," he whispered softly, resting his head on yours as you were shorter than him.

"Dabi?" You raised your head, looking up at the culprit who had given you a scare.

"Don't say anything; I know you were cold." He hushed you as he placed a hand behind your head, slowly resting your head on his chest.

"I—" You had opened your mouth to speak, but he quickly cut you off.

"Can you hear it beating for you?" Dabi asked, stroking your head lightly.

Allowing him to win and get his hug, you smiled with delight. "Yeah," you hummed softly with a nod.

With your head next to his chest, you had totally blocked out the rest of the world as you strained your ear, listening to his heartbeat. It was fast, almost matching your heart rate as it rang in your ear like music.

"Come, let's go," Dabi said as he pulled away from you and grabbed a hold of your wrist.

"Huh? Where are you taking me?" You asked, brows knitted as you were being pulled by him. "You know this is kidnapping, right?" You mentioned it as an attempt to stop him, but it was useless.

"After you," he offered as he opened the door to the passenger seat.

With an expression of worry and suspicion, you reluctantly got inside his car as you made yourself comfortable.