Vol 1 - Chapter 1. Kind man

Jeong Yoon lay on the couch in his tutoring room and curled up on him even more. The wind from the air conditioner hit the nape of his neck, which was quite cool.

"hungry... ."

A weak murmur came out of nowhere. One o'clock liberal arts class is over. It would have been nice to go have a quick bite to eat, but I couldn't because Kim Min Soo, whom I used to move with, was waiting for someone. When he said that he was hungry and wanted to eat alone, he forced himself to lie down with Chunhyang after being dragged by him, talking about friendship.

"Seo Jeong Yoon, why is that thing sleeping so pitifully?"

Min Soo's words echoed above his head. Jeong Yoon closed his eyes and raised his middle finger. Go away, Kim Min Soo. i'm not sorry

Closing his eyes, Min Soo remembered someone waiting for him. Kang Chae Heon. The one Kim Min Soo has been waiting for. A man who happens to be a high school classmate and even a college classmate.

and.

And his old crush.

An afterimage of Chae Heon flickered behind the closed eyes. Jeong Yoon closed his eyes even tighter. He's already been in love for several years, but whenever I thought of him, my heart pounded as if he were an adolescent boy.

The sweltering summer sun melts on his hair. The second semester was about to begin.

***

A raucous noise permeated the scent of cheap air freshener. Kids who used to joke around or rummage through cell phones in silence became noisy. It's because someone opened the room door and came in.

'Looks like Kang Chae Heon is here.'

I could tell without having to open my eyes to check. center of the department. There must have been Kang Chae Heon, the flower of the Department of Business Administration.

Only then did he stand up. As he tried to brush his hair with his languid face, a cardigan fell to the floor. It was Min Soo. It seems that I looked very pitiful for myself, shrunken by the wind from the air conditioner. Most people do good things like this even if they don't like it. The guy named Kim Min Soo.

Jeong Yoon glanced at the table near the entrance of the room while picking up a cardigan that had fallen on the ground. Chae Heon, who had a unique friendly smile on his lips, was having a conversation with those who had gathered around him.

"... ... ."

Jeong Yoon stared at him distantly while holding the cardigan.

Kang Chae Heon. He and Jeong Yoon were classmates in high school. It is also a very strong and strange relationship that has been in the same class for all three years. Because of this, Jeong Yoon was the one who had seen Kang Chae Heon for the longest time here, and he was the one who knew him best, so he had no doubt that he was Lee.

But at the same time, Jeong Yoon knew very well that he was the one who was the most indifferent to Kang Chae Heon.

The reason is also.

'ah. They met eyes.'

While passing the cardigan to Min Soo, Jeong Yoon hardened his expression. This is because the expression of Chae Heon, who met his eyes, had subsided to the point where it was obvious. That Chae Heon, who had a friendly, kind smile until just now.

The reason why Jeong Yoon felt a distance from him was because of the attitude Chae Heon showed. It wasn't that I was blatantly ignoring him through words and actions, but what to say. strangely... No, it feels like building a wall openly.