Chapter 14: The art of avoidance

Cath's POV

What should I do? What have I done? Why is this happening right now??

I have my face down on my mattress. I took my pillow and pressed my face on it then scream.

We kissed...He said that. My first kiss? Mygad. Then, he's asking me out?! I can't believe this. How should I react? How should I take it?

"Are you even breathing?" Lily scoffed while leaning on my door. "What happened to you? You got possessed?"

"Oh, shut up." I sat up and went on my desk to distract myself. "Anyways, what about the baby?"

I heard her sigh as she went inside my room, shot the door and lay on my bed. "I have no choice, sooner or later I have to tell mom."

I turned myself to face her. "Right, because without mom we wouldn't know about the baby's health, then doctor, check-ups-"

"Wow, you're bad at comforting, Cath." I rolled my eyes at her statement. "I don't wanna talk about it..." Then hee lips formed into a smirk. "But, do you know what I want to talk about?"

"Uh, no. Not interested too."

"It's about you and that good-looking Aussie boy next door." She wiggled her eyebrows at me.

I gulped but pull myself together so, she won't notice anything suspicious. "What about it?"

"Are you two...Dating? Or secretly dating?"

"No."

"But, don't he always bring you home?"

"So what? Friends or even relatives can do that." I reasoned out.

She rolled her eyes again. "Hmm, you bore me." Then she left my room.

This overthinking about him is not helping for upcoming days exams. I wanna be a bubble then just go pop.

What am I going to do tomorrow?

...

I didn't even got a decent sleep and it's time for school again. I don't know how to face him, however...

I could avoid him!

That's right I should...Just until I got to sort things out.

Jake's POV

I was waiting for Cath as I sat in front of the porch of my house, then I heard the door opened behind me revealing Heeseung-hyung. "She's still not going out of her house?" He asked and I nod my head. "It's still early, I can wait a bit more. Can't blame her..."

"You're going to be late though? You don't want to be late, wait that's not it. You hate to be late." He sat beside me.

"You just said the word 'Late' 3 times in one sentence."

"Whatever, you're going to be late for sure." He stood up ang sling his bag on his shoulder. "And, yes. Make that 4, I said 'Late' 4 times. Have fun counting!" He patted my back then left to his car.

"Drive safe!" I shouted. "Count safe!" He shouted back, I chuckled then turned my head as I heard footsteps from Cath's house. I quickly stood up and fix myself but, suddenly sighed disappointedly when I saw her sister walking out of their house.

"You look like a stalker!" Heeseung suddenly shouted at me.

"Shut up, hyung!"

Cath's POV

The class started 20 minutes ago and there is no sign of Jake anywhere. Why am I even thinking of him?

I kept copying the writings on the board then unconsciously glance at the door.

The class ended and he's still not around, the next teacher came in and started his lesson when the door opened harshly hitting the wall behind the door.

It was-

"Mr. Sim...care to explain why you're late?"

Jake's POV

(30 minutes ago...)

I had the courage to knock on their door, I don't care if I'm going to be late. I need to make things right. When it opened it showed her mom. "Yes?" The woman said.

"Uhm, good morning ma'am...I'm wondering where Ca-"

"Where Cath is?"

I nod my head but, her next words made my stomach drop.

"She left the house at 4:30 am."

"Oh..."

Damn.

...

I was running in the empty hallways of the campus and I looked down at my watch. "Shit, I'm late."

When I arrived at the door of the classroom, I hesitated since I'm hearing some voice of our teacher inside. But, I got no choice.

My adrenaline acted up as I unintentionally slammed the door open.

"Mr. Sim...care to explain why you're late?"

My eyes wandered around the room and locked eyes with Cath, she quickly look away.

"Mr. Sim."

No words left my mouth as I kept panting and noticing that Cath is not looking back at me.

"Mr. Sim. Detention."

And in that moment, she looked at me.

I was relieved.

.......

Have you ever been late? 🥹

- kyceee