Chapter 13: Move

Present time...

Cath's POV

The class ended and I am so ready to go home. Though the teacher announced that we have to get ready for midterms. "Uh, Cath?" I heard Jake beside me.

"Hm?" I grabbed my bag as I face him.

"Are you free this week end?" He asks. "What? I mean, for what?" I said. "I was thinking maybe we should..." He scratch his nape while avoiding eye contact.

"Jake, look I need to go home early-"

"Wanna hang out this weekend?" He quickly said. "I...uh, don't we have midterms to get ready for?" I told him as I fiddled my fingers.

"We could do study date."

"WHAT?"

"I mean study, you know studying. Just tell me the date when you are free." He chuckled.

"Oh, I guess that's okay. See you around." I walked towards the room as Jake trailed behind me. "I can take you home, Cath. Can I walk you home?"

"Oh...Okay sure, we do live in the same neighborhood." I mentally slapped myself.

A silence welcomed us as we walked towards the school's hall. Then suddenly, Jake stopped in front of me, blocking my way.

"The party...I mean, at the party. We didn't do it." He says, I chuckled. "Yeah, you told me that awhile ago, Jake."

"Right, but I want to apologize for..."

"For? For not telling me earlier? It's fine, we were both shocked. None of us would've really got the time to talk about it but you made the courage to tell me otherwise-"

"We kissed, Cath."

My eyes widened and frantically looked everywhere if anyone heard that. Good thing, nobody did. I grabbed Jake's wrist and pulled him at some empty classroom and shot the door.

"We did what, again?" I asked. "And you don't blurt something out like this in public!" I hissed.

"I'm sorry, but we were drunk then suddenly i just remember it, not clear but I did remember it." Jake gestured his hands many times, explaining his self as I pinched my temple.

"At first I thought it was some dream but eventually it did happened-"

"Okay, okay stop. Just shut up for a second, I can't absorbed this yet." And he did stop.

"I don't want you to think that I took advantage of you, Cath." He sighed. "I also don't want you think I'm a bad person..."

"You're not a bad person, Jake. There were two lips that night-" I shut my mouth, not letting another word come out.

Then, there's silence again.

"About the...'Study for the midterm stuff' it's a way of asking you out in...a date, study date." He looked down on the floor.

"Oh...I don't know-"

He looked up immediately. "I don't wanna force you or anything about going out with me, Cath. But, just think about it-" he started rambling again.

"I-I'll think about it..."

"Sure, sure. We should go home, yeah? And please don't act awkward around me..." he added.

Jake's POV

It was awkward between us again, I did brought Cath home and I quickly went him too. I opened the door and slammed it, my chest going up and down.

"Why'd you slam the door?" Heeseung asked while holding a bowl of Ramyeon going to his room.

"I...I..." I ruffled my hair and sat in the floor, dropping my bag.

"You? What? Use your words, Jake. I want to eat my Ramyeon." He sighed as he walk towards me, with his bowl.

"I just asked her out."

"Really? Congratulations!" He sat in front of me, and started eating. And now we're both on the floor. "Tell me the details."

"I kinda messed it up though."

"What? How could you messed it up?"

"We didn't do anything that night but, we...kissed. Then, I told her about it." I leaned my back on the door and closed my eyes.

"Oh...Wow...YOU KISSED?"

I nod my head. "She said she'll think about, you know...going out with me...after that."

"Well, you still have this teeny-tiny chance, then." He started eating again.

"How tiny, do you mean?" I sat up properly. "Oh my, what if she feel so weird about me and say no?"

He rolled his eyes. "Don't be a drama queen, Jake. You still have the chance, no matter how low or high. Then, if she says no, give her time and try again."

"Hmmm...You're so good at this..." I sighed again. "You must've missed her so much, Hyung."

He smiled, a bit. "Yeah, I do. Hope she feels the same..."

"We never know maybe you also have a teeny-tiny chance for you two to be together again." I pat his shoulder.

He sighed then slid the bowl of Ramyeon to me. "Want some?"

"Sure."

___

Have a nice dayyyy, and enjoy this short chapter~

- kaycee