thirteen - his grass is the wrong shade of green

Start from the beginning

What are you hiding, Dream?

Tommy gripped the paper tightly, one pull away and it'll be torn apart. Tommy groaned.

The mission of his has been a mess lately. Now that he has solved what the prophecy really is, he doesn't know— literally doesn't have a clue on what to do next. He knows he should be focusing on his studies as he has to begrudgingly accept but he's desperate on doing something, some more mysteries his mind has been itching at. And now he's been given some tasks to do, he also can't help but wonder if this thing is real. If any of this is real. If the prophecy thing is real or what. He's already far from the beginning, he can't possibly turn back now. And if he turns back, all of his efforts are put into vain.

No, no— the prophecy is real. He swore it's real. It involved his aunt, after all! It involved real people, real dates and real history— it must be real! But Tommy knows he's not a professional, this is not even a real investigation case! Are his clues, are his findings even real?

He wants to smash his head on the wall.

He breathed heavily as he breathed in and out, multiple times to calm his nerves. He glanced at the paper he's holding. You know what? He needs a distraction and this paper could distract his mind that's currently an exam of chaos.

He stood up and walked to his kitchen, crumpling the paper unintentionally. His future self would take care of the paper. For now, he will be making some home-made iced caramel macchiato and bake some chocolate chip cookies and no one will fucking stop him.

-

"What's wrong with you?" Wilbur hands him a granola bar as his twin brother begins to munch the food out, grumpily. "Like seriously, what got you so frustrated?"

"Remember the time when we looked for Dream to return his notebook? He got mad at me for touching it in the first place. Saying the lines of 'you should've just leave it be'" Techno scoffed, "he should've just be grateful that I was the one who found it, not some gossip enjoyer asshole"

Wilbur stayed silent, examining his brother with an unreadable expression as the other chugged the water as if it was his last. His twin brother usually is a calm and passive aggressive man and when someone does provoke him, he's going to be all eerie and shit. But this— this is new. Seeing him so fed up and so annoyed at Dream, his friend, as much as Techno won't admit it. "I do admit that Dream has been getting a lot hot-headed recently" he slowly started, watching Techno in every move as he enunciated the words flowing out from his mouth. "But isn't it weird that Dream doesn't want you to touch his notebooks? I mean— whenever he does forget about his stuff, he wouldn't be angered at all when someone he's close with, returns his missing things back at him and vice versa with you. But why is this specific notebook so important that he wouldn't let anyone, including you who he particularly trusts, touch it?"

"You're getting on your smart words again, Wil" Techno lightly commented

"What? I'm just saying" Wilbur paid Techno's comment no mind, "And it's true as well, no matter how you try to ignore it"

Techno stared at the abyss as his mind played Wilbur's insights on repeat. It is unfortunately true that Dream is being suspicious and is obviously hiding something from them. Considering his decision on taking a few steps away from his friends and his partner for the time being and also not taking any action on mending his and George's relationship, Dream should really change this attitude and behavior of his before next week starts.

"I just want to know what's going on with him," Techno told his brother, his best friend since birth, the painful truth. He could always confide his problems and what's been going on with his mind, to his twin. It has always been like that. If not, then it's his father or his mother. No one else. So it's not a surprise when Wilbur hugged him from the back, his chin on Techno's head as Techno leaned further to the touch.