eight - main character syndrome

It was specifically one month since Tomathy Kraken had joined the Blackthorne academe and so far, it had been such a bore. The only thing that keeps him going is the progress of his personal mission and investigation. The tests and activities are progressively building the quantity and the difficulty but Tommy managed to get through, he doesn't even need to lift a finger. Well, this might be an exaggeration but it's true. All he needs to do is to study and apply his own learning methods and voila, he aced the exams. With the right amount of food and sleep, his brain was able to hand out knowledge from the resources provided and, or researched.

Going back to the progress of his so-called mission, it's been relatively slow and painful to wait, especially when his patience is running low. He hasn't been doing anything that might help make this progress quick, but unfortunately, he couldn't. The specific thing he needs didn't arrive just yet, so he needs to wait.

So he let himself be distracted. By that means, getting himself attached.

"Shut up, Wilbur"

Wilbur stared at him with unreadable and deadpan eyes, "I didn't even say anything"

"You were about to" Tommy shrugged, eyes looking passed him

"Gremlin demonic racoon" Wilbur groaned, burying himself in his folded arms that is leaning on the desk

"I'm bored" Tommy whined then abruptly stopped as he found a lee-way passage of his idleness by poking Wilbur's skin, rhythmically

"Stop doing that" Wilbur's voice echoed as his voice trapped in the seams between his folded arms and the quite closed space. Despite this, Tommy however, did not listen and continued to poke Wilbur like it's the last thing he can do, laughing when Wilbur tried to shoo him away.

The class was asynchronous. Meaning, the assigned subject professor decided to simply hand them a task to work on instead of discussing a new lesson. They must finish the task when the school bell rings but other than that, it's more like a free time. Coincidentally, Tommy and Wilbur, the school's proclaimed crime partner due to their troublemaker skills both displayed together within a month, was among the few people who finished first. Unfortunately, Tommy is bored and wants to do things his way. By that means, Wilbur has to suffice for Tommy's entertainment.

The classroom that has been supported by air conditioning, is loud and rowdy with students laughing and some not even doing their assigned task. The professor was sitting on their chair with a wooden table in front of them, typing some words on their laptop while collecting already finished papers, not doing anything about the commotion. Quite frankly, they're the type of teacher to not do anything unless it's a serious issue that needs to be handled as soon as possible.

Nevertheless, he continued to annoy the brunette to entertain himself. "Tomathy, stop it"

"Oh! Full names, I see"

"Ugh, why do I share the same class with you almost every hour?" Wilbur complained, eyes not meeting the blonde, "I wish it's the second semester already"

Right. Third grading quarter marks the start of the second semester which is months away, and where schedules will start to shift and change. Tommy rolled his eyes and leaned back, "Oh shut up, you love me"

A month ago, he didn't have the nerve to say this in front of a Crafton, nonetheless. He may have a high self-esteem and self-confidence but a person has insecurities, preventing him from saying such things to a person he basically does not know. But, as the time progressed, he was influenced by usually, Tubbo to say this (and his old friends) and when one slip happened almost two weeks ago, he received a good teasing remark from William, well, Wilbur. To make the long story short, he had gotten more comfortable with the brunette easily than any other person would have considering the comparison of social status and social power.