Old Friend's

John added, "So we have some time to share our thoughts on the current scenario as we make our way to Mia's place. So James, what do you think?

“I believe it to be a murder, and one of the buddies could be culpable.” James said

John replied "Maybe, may not be," with a faint smile.

"So what did you find my new assistant? What did the receptionist say?

Still, in a confused mind, Irvin replied “The girls went out around 4:30 in the evening. While going they took the spare key with them.  He wasn't there when the deceased girl came back, but he was there when the other two arrived at midnight.”

“So, he didn't see when Veronica returned. Interesting" John replied

“There are so many unanswered questions regarding this situation, once we get to Mia's, perhaps we will get some answers.”  James said

"However, there was no sign of forced entry in the room, no other marks on her body other than that cut in her throat, and the door was closed from the inside," James noted.

"Every window was also locked," Irvin stated. Then, if this is a murder, how did the murderer escape?"

"There are many ways," John responded with a smirk, "if her friends killed her, their entry and exit were easy because they had the key, same for the receptionist, he will surely have one more key, otherwise he wouldn't have given her the spare."

They arrived at Mia's house after some time. James approached the door and knocked. The door was opened by an attractive young woman.

"My name is James, I am the chief inspector of county police, and I am here to..."

Before he could finish, John intervened and asked Mia, "What was the noise here yesterday?"

Mia said, baffled "Noise! What noise? ohh! That old lady grumbled once more. She doesn't want anyone to come here. "I believe she's on crack."

"Whatever that is, you haven't answered my question," John said with a smile. "What was that noise?"

Mia said angrily, "There was no noise, some of my friends were here, we had a small party, that's all."

"Was Veronica also present at the party?" John asked

"Yes, she was also there, she was a little late but... wait, how do you know she was here?" Mia inquired.

James stopped John before asking any more questions and said that “Your friend Veronica was found dead in her room, Her friends said that this is the last place that they saw her."

Mia's face has turned red, her eyes are filled with tears, and she is unable to speak for herself.

"You were talking about some party, what was that about?" John inquired.

"Some of our school friends had a get-together here," Mia added, her voice trembling.

"So, other than yourself and Veronica, who are the others?" John questioned subtly.

Mia responded, "Our friends Nathen, Josmi, Harry, my husband Martin, and Nathen's girlfriend Amy."

“Oh anyway can we come in” John asked

“OH, sorry, please come in.” Mia replied.