chapter thirteen - love love, love you

felix felt like eros's hand of animosity had finally been lifted off his shoulder.

'i love you, felix.'

he made hyunjin say it so many times those first few night. he had to make sure he wouldnt forget. he had to make sure he would never have to doubt it again.

"just one more time."

hyunjin hugged him tightly from behind in the bed.

"how many times are you going to ask for one more time?" hyunjin squeezed him and they giggled softly. "i love you." his breath tickled felix's ear when he spoke. maybe that was why felix felt chills. or maybe it was the words themselves that made him feel that way.

"i love you, too, hyunnie." felix turned in hyunjin's arms to face him.

"hmm.." hyunjin squinted at him with an obviously faked unconvinced look. "i dunno, maybe i need to hear it one more time." they both laughed and hugged each other, chasing the warmth in each others' arms in the coolness of the summer night.

"i love you!" he shook his head. "i loove yoouuuu," another rejection. "i love you, i love you, i am so in love with you, hwang hyunjin!" hyunjin finally nodded.

"yeah, that was a good one. i think i get it now." hyunjin left a kiss on the blond head. he pulled back and smiled so warmly before his face turned more serious. "i'm going to go see minho tomorrow. do you think you can come with me. i'm.. scared? i don't know how i'm going to face him after everything."

"of course i'll go with you," felix nuzzled into his chest. "i'll go anywhere with you."

"thank youu, yongbok-ah. i'm sure it'll be fine, i'm just being nervous. he didn't talk to me even after hari quit. im really hope everything isn't messed up between us forever. maybe you being there will help. not just with me being nervous, i think he'll be more understanding when he sees us together.." hyunjin trailed off as he noticed felix's breathing becoming slower. of course he fell asleep the second his love was accepted. hyunjin smiled to himself, leaving a kiss on the boy's head before falling asleep beside him. "who could stay mad when they see you."

~

hyunjin exhaled sharply, getting all his nerves out before knocking on minho's door. if he hadn't already asked minho if he could come over, he probably would've backed out. even now, he wanted to turn around and run, but felix held onto his hand tightly. felix would keep him here. felix would make sure he didn't run away again.

the door opened and jisung greeted them.

"oh!" jisung turned around and looked at minho sitting at the dining table. hyunjin just saw him nod slowly at jisung before he turned his attention back to whatever he was doing at the table. "ahh, to be honest hyunjin, i didn't expect you, but i guess minho just didnt tell me you were coming because he doesnt seem distressed." jisung looked back at minho another time before turning back. "am i supposed to let you in?"

hyunjin had no words and just stood there for a while with a look of panic growing more and more on his face as jisung just kept staring at him from the doorway. felix tried his best to hold in a laugh as they kept staring blankly at each other, waiting for the other to do something.

"ahem," minho showed up behind jisung to break the silence, cutting their staring contest short as he nudged jisung to the side and taking his place in the doorway. "you said you wanted to come over. do you want to come in or just stand in the door?" hyunjin kept staring. now that he was here in front of minho, all his prepared words just disappeared. "okay well it's summer and it's hot out, so if you're just going to stand there maybe you should leave and talk to me on the phone because i don't want to leave my door open for the heat and the bugs to come into my house." minho waited more for hyunjin to finally say something. he opened his mouth, but closed it again. minho just sighed, starting to close the door.