‣ 𝗥𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀

MORNING CAME AND went. Y/N was in the dining room eating what had been left of their breakfast while his brothers were still up in their rooms.

Lois came into the room and saw her son. He was already putting away his dish when she called him over.

"Can I talk to you for a bit?"

Y/N turned to her. "Uh...okay."

"Outside." She said and walked off.

The teenager let out a sigh. He had an inkling of what she wanted to discuss, likely the whole situation with him moonlighting as a vigilante back in Fawcett City. He figured they'd talk about it since she didn't get to do so last night.

Y/N met with Lois outside on the porch. She had sat down and motioned the boy to the seat next to her.

"Come on."

He nodded and sat down, leaning back against the chair and exhaling. Y/N decided to speak first.

"I assume this is about the...stuff I've been doing back in Fawcett City?"

"Uh, I was going to get there...but I wanted to talk to you about what my Dad said."

Lois figured that he had eavesdropped on what Sam told her about her choice of marrying Clark and raising Y/N. He wasn't going to admit it, but he did in fact overhear his statements on his way to his room.

"Oh." He replied, looking down. "I—I only heard a bit of it."

She arched a brow. "Only a bit?"

"Okay. Pretty much the entire thing."

Lois sighed. Y/N folded his hands in front of him and leaned forward.

"I get it must've got you thinking when he told you that." He added.

"It did," Lois admitted. "It had me...recalling certain times of my life."

Y/N nodded, now looking forward. Lois continued.

"When I first met your Dad. Him proposing to me. Him bringing you over when he found you. Me holding you for the first time."

Y/N glanced at Lois. She softly smiled and reached over to touch his arm.

"I understood what I was getting into. Along with the pleasantries, I knew there were going to be hardships, and I was willing to take them all on. I still go through them now...we all do. And still, I wouldn't change a thing."

Y/N smiled. He was so appreciative of Lois and her motherly love. The moment he was having with her along with the talk he had with Clark last night really cleared all the grim feelings he was having the last few weeks.

He nodded and patted the top of Lois's hand that was on his arm. Lois kept smiling back.

"I wish General Gramps was able to hear that." Y/N jested. "Now I kinda get why he's been the way he is with me. Since I'm not really..."

Lois understood that there was still room for improvement in the relationship between her dad and Y/N. Sam Lane never really saw the boy as a grandson since he knew of his origin. There was still a level of respect between the two, but a grandfather-grandson bond was never present.

"Hey, he still cares. He just has...a weird way of showing it." Lois replied. "Trust me, I know. He raised me."

Y/N chuckled.

"Now I'm curious. How'd he react when you named me after your grandpa?"

Lois grinned. She in fact did name Y/N after her grandfather, General Lane's dad. She recalled the time he found out.