Chapter 5

(I have writers block, sorry if this sucks)

I woke up in my bed and felt so much better than before. I stretched and looked over at my clock to see that It was 11 a.m. I slept a long time. Wait, didn't I fall asleep in the car? Who carried me back in here??

I got up and out of bed, and realized I was also wearing pajamas. Who changed me out of dress?! I opened my door and ran down the stairs as fast as I could to find my parents lounging around in the living room.

I quickly walked up to them and asked "One; who carried me to my room? And two; who changed my clothes for me??" I need to know who changed my clothes, at least, cause that's a little much.

"It's okay, honey. Just calm down. We had the boy we bought yesterday carry you up there and then we had a maid change your clothes for you." My dad explained without setting his paper down or making eye-contact.

"Oh, okay. That's good... And good morning to you too, father. Where is he, anyway?" I asked, making direct eye-contact with my mother because she's the one you need to go to for information about people.

"He's still asleep. He's in the room next to yours. He's probably really tired as well. Anyone would be after last night. I really didn't think they'd be selling a person of all things!" I didn't think they would, either. It's weird that people even want to be put up for auction like that.

"Yeah, you're right. I wasn't either. I was even more shocked you wanted me to bid on him, though!" I say back, making her look away.

"I just wanted to get him for you so that you two would hit it off and maybe, even find love!" I swear I could see the hearts in her eyes. She's so weird about this stuff.

"That's not going to happen. I am just not into being in a relationship right now and don't think I will be anytime soon." I got up after that and got out a bowl and poured myself a bowl of cereal.

I sat down at the table and started eating until I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I guess it's probably the boy. My mom seemed to light up at this and staring walking to the stairs.

"Ohh!! Here he comes now!!!" She said looking back and forth between me and the stairs.

"Oh, yaaay..." I said in the most unenthusiastic, sarcastic tone I could.

I was taking another bite of my cereal when I looked up and finally saw the boys face. I didn't actually get to see what he looked like last night, since I was too happy about my stuff and I didn't feel like socializing anymore. I was so shocked to see who it was, I almost spit out my cereal.

"You...! What the hell?!?!" I wasn't expecting who was standing there at all. My mother looked slightly confused, but happy at this.

"Do you two already know each other??" My mom asked enthusiastically, jumping up from the table. 

"I guess you could say that... He's in my class..." I said slowly, not breaking eye contact with him.

By the look on his face, I'm guessing he didn't know it was me last night, either. Knowing my mom, she probably kept my face mask on until the maid came to change me out of the dress.

"I can see you two have some unfinished business to settle, but we we have yet to introduce ourselves!" My mother started, interrupting our staring contest. "I'm Diane Nobara. If you need anything, ask my daughter."

"I am Charles Nobara. A pleasure." My father said, finally standing up and joining us in conversation.

I was the only one left to introduce myself, but I wasn't doing it. I just looked away and continued eating my cereal. I could feel them staring at me but I still wasn't going to do it.