'You don't know Grievous like we do,' Sol mumbled without looking at the older man. Anakin and Obi-wan looked at each other, agreeing that it was a foolish plan wordlessly.

'I say... patience,' Anakin stated.

'Patience?!' Obi-wan cried with crossed arms. 'That's your plan, is it?'

'Yes,' Anakin defended. 'Artoo will be along in a few moments, and he'll release the ray shields.'

At his mention, R2-D2 flew out from the side door further down the corridor. With an almighty yelp, the droid crashed into the opposite wall and rotated his head to face his master and fellow Jedi. The party could tell that R2 had been through the runner at the sight of the scorch marks all over his silver panels and the dents in his domed head. But just like Anakin had predicted, the droid was capable to help them out of the ray shields.

'See!' Anakin cheered confidently. 'No problem.' 

The Jedi Knight spoke too soon. From all sides, super battle droids and droidekas appeared around the ray shields and the R2 unit. With their blasters aimed, they encircled the party and made Anakin's cheerfulness drain from his face, and the hope fall from the Jedi and Chancellor. The Chancellor huddled close to the Jedi as he peered at their ambush and Sol thought better than to reach for her lightsaber and fight her way out of this. There were too many, and when she saw the super battle droid kick over a feisty R2, she knew that they were captured.

'Do you have a plan B?' Obi-wan asked Anakin in vain.

 ---

The Jedi, R2 and the Chancellor were led in bounds to the cockpit of the Trade Federation cruiser. In a line, the droids forced them into the large room that consisted of the ship's failing controls and a windshield with the battle outside. Sol could see that the Republican to separatist ship ratio was in their favour, and it wouldn't be long until the failing cruiser would lose all power from the Republic's attacks. But Sol and her party were still on the ship, and they were yet to secure an escape route.

'Ah yes, General Kenobi, the Negotiator. We've been waiting for you. That wasn't much of a rescue.'

General Grievous was a monstrosity of a creature. With the looks of droid, the cyborg had gruesome brown skin around his yellow eyes. Through his hunched over posture, the general held human insides with a beating heart and barely functioning lungs. The cyborg was constantly coughing due to a run in with Master Mace Windu, who had attempted to crush Grievous' droid breast plates with the Force. This permanently injured him, but he had gotten away with his life and continued to reign terror over the Republic as a separatist general.  

'That depends on your point of view,' Obi-wan fought back as he was brought to the general by the super battle droids. After him, Anakin was brought out with a nasty look on his face at the sight of the gruesome creature.

'And Anakin Skywalker,' General Grievous looked to the man. 'I was expecting someone with your reputation to be a little... older.'

'General Grievous. You're shorter than I expected.'

Sol was brought out next while the Chancellor was held back by two separate battle droids. As the general grumbled at Anakin's response and was handed the Jedis' lightsabers, Sol was stopped by her guarding droids beside Anakin. At her appearance, General Grievous turned his yellow eyes to her and moved his hissing joints to stand over her shorter figure.

'And Sol, the Jedi Knight with no other name,' Grievous leaned down to intimidate the woman. 'But that has not stopped you from making a reputation for yourself in the Republic.'

'I guess a name doesn't mean much, huh, Grevious?' Sol didn't back away from the closeness of the cyborg's metal face.

'It's Grievous,' he corrected angrily, but Sol just smirked.