10: the enigmatic beau

Start from the beginning

[You are limited to 2 reward items per person.]

Two? I should get something for Binna, too. The beau looked around until his eyes landed on a glass case, holding a black scythe inside. Various symbols carved on its silver blade. Eun-Byeol opened up the case and brought it out, catching everyone's attention. "Huh? Eun-Byeol-nim, you can use that kind of weapon?" Lee Jihye asked in surprise.

"Not at all. It's for my sister when I see her." Hearing that, Jihye zipped her lips tight. Sure enough, both siblings were not ordinary. She never would have imagined that the small, cute troublemaker of Taepung could wield such a weapon.

"But how does she even know how to use one? I don't think there's anyone in Seoul who teaches how to wield a scythe."

That question stunned the beau.

That's right.

In the first place, why did he even take the scythe? He had never seen Binna with a weapon like this before. His sister would always resolve fights with her fists or anything she could get her hands on. So, why did he think that a scythe this big and dangerous would suit Binna, of all people? His sister, who barely even reached his chest? A pang of pain hit Eun-Byeol out of nowhere, causing him to drop the scythe.

The ringing clatter it made when it fell caught everyone's attention. "Sunbae?" The first to express his concern was Dokja, who walked up to Eun-Byeol. The reader discovered Eun-Byeol's wrinkled expression, displaying how uneasy he felt. "What happened? Was it because you used your skill in the first movie?"

"No, no, I'm fine. I just thought of something." A smile curled on his lips, reassuring the worried Dokja. Despite how immaculate his acting however, everyone else could tell that something was wrong.

Kim Dokja recalled a few moments ago, how Eun-Byeol sunbae and Jihye were talking about sunbae's sister. But nothing seemed out of the ordinary? Maybe sunbae's sister kept it a secret from him. After all, a little girl wielding a weapon like that would have given anyone a heart attack. The reader bent down and picked up the scythe. "I'll carry it for now. Why don't you pick something for yourself, sunbae?"

"Alright~ just hearing Dokja-shi worry about me makes my heart flutter~"

[Ahn Eun-Byeol's skill, Seduction, passively activates.]

[The Fourth Wall blocks this skill from affecting you.]

"Yeah, yeah, just go pick something for yourself, sunbae." A helpless smile appeared on Dokja's lips, only to disappear when he noticed Huiwon and Jihye giving him weird looks. "What? Did I get dirt on my face?"

Jihye snickered. "Blockhead ahjushi."

The innocent Dokja: "...???"

In the end, Eun-Byeol found a sword hidden from view. It looked quite worn-out. The beau planned to draw the sword to check its quality, only for a status window to pop up in front of him.

[The sword, Dainsleif, cannot be sheathed unless it draws blood. Be mindful of its usage.]

[ITEM]
[Dainsleif - Replica]

Grade S Sword
A sword owned by King Högni, a legendary king in Viking mythology. The Dainsleif sword was made by the dwarf Dain who was among the most famous and talented craftsmen in the cosmos. Legend had it that once this Dainsleif was drawn out of its sheath, someone must die to quench the blood thirst of the sword. Every time it reveals its blade out, the holder must wield it to behead someone. The sword Dainsleif never missed its target. A replica.