006. Hug of a lifetime

Start from the beginning

Lana pained cries echoed throughout the whole house, begging for her to stop.

Xana grabbed her chin firmly, using her other hand to slap her daughters cheek with all the force the alcoholic had.

Lana's cries had seized to only a hiss of pain, holding onto her rib cage, waiting for Xana to strike again.

Instead Xanas cries and screams were heard. Lana opened her squinted shut eyes to see Trent breathlessly towering over their mother who laid on the floor. This time the one with fear in her eyes.

Trent slowly lifted his head to meet his sister terrified eyes. He took notice of her bleeding lip and reddened skin around her stomach. He immediately ran over in worry, crouching down beside his sister.

"You're, okay." Reassured Trent, throwing Lana's arm over his shoulder, helping her stand. "We need to get your lip cleaned up."

"No." Lana shook her head, walking away from Trent as they made it to the top of the stairs. "I'm fine. I just wanna go to bed."

"But—"

"I said, I'm fine."

𓆉

No matter how hard Lana tried to sleep, her body just wouldn't let her. Everything ached with every small movement she made. She hadn't even bothered to clean the wound on her bottom lip.

Her phone lit up with an array of messages from Jeremiah that she hadn't been bothered to check.

Her finger tips grazed the screen of her phone, clicking on Jeremiah's contact. The brunettes finger hovered over the call button, debating wether it was worth putting her weight onto him. It wasn't like she was going to be able to cover the bruising that was soon to happen against her ribs and the cut lip.

With a sigh her finger clicked the call button, impatiently watching it ring. She highly doubted that he was still awake as Jeremiah was never the type to stay awake late. Sleep had always been important to the Fisher boy, especially whenever her was able to achieve it.

Relief filled her body as the call was answered, hearing he groggy voice on the other side of the phone, giving her a sense of serotonin.

"Lana?"

"Hey, sorry for waking you up." She pursed her lips but winced when a the crack in her lip opened up more.

Much to her dismay he was able to hear her wincing. "Are you okay?" Shuffling was heard on the other side of the phone, sheets being moved around and foot steps across the wood floor.

"Uh, nothing, I'm just sore from tonight." Lana lied, sitting up slowly to ease the pain. A long silence took over the phone, more shuffling still being heard on Jeremiah's side. "Jeremiah." Her voice broke, uncanny to her normal cheery voice.

"Yeah?" He said quietly.

"Do you mind if I come over?" She took a pause, breathing in deeply, trying to forgot her mothers own actions. "Xana was drunk again." Nervously, she chewed at the insides of her lips, patiently waiting for an answer. It was a no brainer that he wasn't going to say no, he was always there for her.

"Of course La, you know this is you're house too."

"I know, I know. I just didn't wanna wake everyone up." Lana excused, wrapping her light blue blanket around her body for warmth to fight with the colder weather that swarms Cousins at night.

Shortly after the call was ended, leaving Lana to quietly exit the house, in fear of waking Xana.

With fast walking she made it to their door, giving it a light knock in hopes it wouldn't wake the house up.

In a matter of minutes Jeremiah was at the door with disheveled curls and a plain shirt accompanied with pajama pants that Lana would borrow most nights.

His small smile at the sight of her dropped almost immediately. He clearly took in her busted lip and bruised body that was slightly covered by the baby blue blanket wrapped around her body.

"What the hell happened?" Jeremiah worried, dragging her inside, inspecting her more when she he turned on the light.

Lana's body sagged with tiredness. Her arms wrapped around Jeremiah's waist, her head resting on his toned chest. Words were to hard to form and be put to together. It was to hard to describe what physically happened and how. She just couldn't do it.

Relief sunk into her body when she felt Jeremiah's hands wrap around her, on holding her head and the other wrapped around her waist tightly.

Neither of them could've known how long they stood there for. It could've been hours, minutes, seconds, but to them it felt like forever. That hug felt like a promise.

Jeremiah was still in the fog of what happened but he knew he couldn't push it, afraid of her breaking into a million little pieces that he wouldn't be able to fix this time.

Lauren speaks 🌅

god this was depressing.