Sabrina

Laynie somehow convinces Milo and I to go with her to Danny's restaurant to hang out there. Sometimes if Laynie and I show up, the other employees will give us free drinks or free appetizers.

Perks of your older brother owning a restaurant, right? Plus I'm an employee here anyway, so they all know me. And Laynie, since she usually comes in to hang out during some of my shifts.

Danny isn't working tonight, but Laynie's boyfriend is. Sam and Laynie have been on and off again over the past two years, but I truly think they love each other a lot. Sam is saving up to study abroad next year, which means he and Laynie won't be able to see each other again for at least a year.

Laynie can't decide if she's better off waiting for him, or taking a break with him until we gets back. I feel so bad for her, because it seems like a lose-lose situation. Either have her heart broken over the next year, or have her sad anyway because she simply misses him. I think both situations can be brutal.

Right now, I think Laynie's just trying to focus on the fact that Sam is still in Chicago for the time being.

Anyway, we eat mini bean and cheese burritos as an appetizer since we already had dinner. Sam hooks us up with drinks (we took an Uber to the restaurant, and our fake ID's come in clutch even though Sam knows we're bullshitting), and we all have a great time there. I was kind of hoping Danny would show up anyway, but he's home with his wife and their two girls.

Marisol and Ariana are the only nieces of mine so far. Danny's the only one who's married out of my siblings, and he and Jane have been married for over five years now. They got married when they were both twenty-one. I can't imagine being married by next year, but depending on how things go with Milo it could happen within the next few.

I guess you just know when these kinds of things are going to last.

Milo ends up coming back to the apartment with Laynie and I, and the three of us watch a movie while Laynie waits for Sam to come over after his shift.

Laynie decides to make some spinach artichoke dip for all of us, so I help her out with that. It's ready by the time Sam gets here, so the four of us snack on the warm dip while watching another movie.

I walk around the island to where Milo is sitting at the counter, and I wrap my arms around his shoulders before kissing his cheek. "You're welcome to stay here tonight, Miles. It's already getting kinda late anyway."

"Okay," he says, taking my hand in his. "Sounds good, pretty girl."

I lean my head on Milo's shoulder, and he kisses the top of my head. I smile to myself, but look up to see Laynie smiling at me from across the room. She gives me a nod, which makes me smile even more. Having Laynie's approval means a lot to me, because we've only ever been honest with each other about our opinions on each other's boyfriends. We're like sisters, so we're direct with each other about this kind of stuff.

Milo does end up staying over, but we stay up really late hanging out with Laynie and Sam. They're both really fun people to be around, and I like that Milo is starting to become friends with Sam. They're most likely going to be around each other more, since Laynie and I are best friends and roommates.

I can't imagine spending my college years with a roommate besides Laynie. She's been my best friend and rock since we were little elementary schoolers, and someone in my family gave me the advice to spend my college years with a roommate instead of a significant other.