Chapter 1: It's About Time

Start from the beginning

"Yep, that'd do it. Can't think of a reason why anyone would divorce a sweet old lady like her." Eve spoke sarcastically.

"Nope, not one possible thing in mind." Y/n played along, leading the two to laugh. Y/n threw his hand out, "I know we've been in class for a while together, but I'm Y/n."

"Eve." Eve took the hand and shook it, and quickly made their way to the next class. However, school was soon over and Y/n looked at his phone.

He looked through his contacts and saw a familiar face. He closed his eyes and pressed the button. "Yo..?"

"Y/n? This is a surprise, what's up?" The voice said as Y/n relaxed.

"Just checking in, that's all. It's been a while." Y/n said as the woman...sighed.

"Y-Yeah, it's been a couple months since we last talked." She said as her voice seemed higher. "I've been busy, College...and finding a job and such!"

"Are you okay? Your voice seems...different." Y/n asked as she started to panic.

"Don't worry about it! Anyways, I gotta go!" She said as Y/n was shocked.

"Wait! Amanda, why don't we hang out anymore?! Amanda? Hello?" Y/n looked at his phone to see she hung up. Y/n sighed and looked at his door, "Man, what happened to 'Best Friends Forever'?"

"Well, I'm sure that's still possible, ain't it?" Y/n looked inside the house to see his mother.

"Hey, mom. Where's Diana?" Y/n asked as she put down her camera.

"She's out doing her fashion design, you know." Alana said as Y/n put his bag down on the couch. She saw her son's face and turned on the tv for him. "I'm guessing school wasn't good?"

"Schools never good. But no, I talked to Mark and his parents, school wasn't an issue." Y/n said as Alana got shivers down her back.

"Your will is amazing, I can't bring myself to hang out with Nolan by himself anymore." Alana said as she opened the fridge and looked at the birthday cake. She looked at Y/n before hiding it again.

"How was saving the White House?" Y/n asked as she hummed with two mugs in her hand.

"It was a close call, with these new powers, I've only had them for a couple months. Still don't have full control over it yet." Alana stated as she walked over and gave Y/n a mug. "Now, I'm guessing the call with Amanda isn't the only reason your like this."

Y/n sighs, taking a jug of his eggnog before looking at her. "You're...just so great. Saving people, getting to do all this stuff... I guess a part of me... just wishes I could do that too."
————
"Whoa!" A young Y/n is seen looking out the window on an airplane with his camera. "Look at the view! So many good pictures!"