#20 ─ true confession

xiao layed down on his bed , devasted. should he text you ? or maybe should he just give you a real confession ? he didn't know what to do.

but after a while of some thinking , he finally gathered up courage and self confidence to text you.

y/n

──────────────────

you
hi

y/n
HIII

whatsupp

you
did childe give you that bouquet ?

y/n
NO

he didn't 😭

so much people misunderstood

but ig it was kinda my fault since i
made it look like childe gave it to me

but yeah no he didn't

idk who gave it to me tho

you
oh

y/n
IS IT U XIAO ....

ALSO BTW

im so sorry i forgot abt u earlier

when u were waiting at the gate for me
i think ...

childe just ran up to me n I suddenly forgot

you
its fine

y/n
im bored

can we play val ??

plzplzplzpzl

you
no

how about

we meet up

at the park

y/n
RIGHT NOWW ??

😭

you
are you not available to go
out right now ?

y/n
no its just that like

its so random to go to the park at this time

you
if you have no trouble then ill see u there

y/n
HELPP

OKOK

xiao is currently sitting on the swing in the park waiting for you to show up. does he regret doing this ? yes. what am i even doing ... he thought to himself.

his thoughts soon get interrupted by the sounds of your footsteps slowly getting louder and louder. his heartbeat was getting faster and faster any second now. he didn't plan this at all actually.

"xiaoooo , is that you?" you asked from a distance seeing the teal haired color boy that was sitting on the swings.

you approach him and sit on the swing next to him. "sooo ... whats up ?" you asked curiously from the sudden meet up.

"im the one who gave you the letter." xiao says bluntly , not daring to spare a glance at you , afraid of rejection.

"y- you mean the letter with the bouquet and snacks ?!" you asked to make sure. so your friend's assumptions were right after all.

"yes .." xiao replied , not knowing what to say now. does he confess to you properly now ? now you know that he likes you so ...

your eyes widened , is this really happening ? its true he likes you all this time ? you stayed silent for a bit just trying to process whatever is happening right now.

xiao took this as a bad sign though , please say something he prays , but unfortunately for him you kept on staying silent.

xiao sighed and soon broke the silence by confessing his feelings again to you. still not having enough courage to spare you a glance.

"i really don't know how to put this but , i like you , like a lot ... you'd know that if you red the letter i wrote. i understand if you dont feel the same way , its just that-"

"i like you too." you cut him off as you turned to look at him. you like me too ..? xiao thinks , is he dreaming right now ? he finally built of courage to look at you in the eye again now.

"wha- what ? are you sure you like me ... or do you just-"

"i mean it , xiao. i love you. even for a while now ive been suspecting you of liking me , but i kept denying it as if i didn't wanna get my hopes up ... and now you're here confessing your feelings to me ..." you admitted as you couldn't hold back your smile from how happy and excited you were.

" ... im sorry im bad at expressing things but , im happy you feel the same way , y/n." xiao says as he looked away trying to cover his smile , you've never seen him smile like this before. he looked truely , truely happy. you could even see the hue of redness on his ears.

you giggled at how cute he looks. "you should smile more xiao , you look cute like you know ?" you added , trying to tease him a bit.

"lets just go home now ... it's getting late ..." xiao said , trying to change the topic. but you could see his ears getting redder and redder and he stood up.

you laughed at his reaction and went to catch up with him. "soo xiaooo , what are we now ... ?" you asked curiously but nervous at the same time.

xiao blushed even harder at the question. "anything you want as long as you're okay with it." xiao replied as he tries to avoid your loving gaze once again.

"soooo you wouldn't mind if we just stayed as friends right ..?" you asked foolishly just to tease him for a bit longer.

"if thats what you want .. im okay with it." xiao replied , but you could hear a hint of sadness in his tone which made you regret whatever you said.

"okay okay im just joking , dont be sad xiaoo .. but you wouldn't mind if we're going to be official right ??"

"i'd like that a lot actually ..."