#9 ─ study date

"are you going to come to the library with me?" xiao asked , hoping for guidance from his best loyal wingman.

"no , but i can message you .. just tell me if you run into any problems there." scara reassured , hoping xiao would be fine without him watch you guys from afar.

"ok but what do i say when i meet up with her ?" xiao asks once again after the 368262th time.

"kill your self."

"bro."

"how many times do I have to tell you ? just act normal , just pretend you dont even like her or something. pretend your talking with me instead."  (no cuz this is REAL advice)

"well if i were going to the library with you alone , i wouldn't even have agreed to go with you in the first place─"

"look i really do not give a fuck. and thats not the point , the point is to act calm , and that your just talking to your best friend normally got it?"

"ok."

"sorry for being late , i had to help out my friend with something so i hope u dont mind that ..! " you finally showed up after being 40 minutes late or something.

"kill your self."

"WOW OK XIAO."

after you both found a table to study at , both of you placed down your bags and took out your books. and .. after that was back to the awkward silence. well atleast thats what xiao thought.

scaramouche

───────────────────────

you
help me

its silently awkward

scaramouche
it's a study date

its SUPPOSED to be silent ?

idiot how dense are you

you
ok but this is so awkward we both
haven't said a word after sitting down

scaramouche
its not awkward

trust me

you just feel like its awkward cause
your with someone you like

if i was with you , it wouldn't feel awkward
cuz u dont give a fuck to anyone except y/n

you
so i should just stay silent aswell
and say nothing for the upcoming hours?

scaramouche
well you could try to get some coffee for
the both of you

or then ask her if shes struggling with anything

then teach her

you
anything else?

scaramouche
i had one more but i forgor

you
ok thanks

after a few more moments , you were starting to get a bit sleepy and your eyes were getting droopy. and of course xiao noticed and he thought it was the perfect time to get you some coffee. looks like god was on his side today.

"are you sleepy , y/n?" xiao asked , already knowing the answer though.

"yeah , a bit i guess."

"do you want me to get you some coffee? theres a coffee shop nearby."

"yeah , sure." you agreed , then taking out your wallet from your bag to give to xiao , but thats before he cut you off.

"no need for that , ill pay. ill be back soon."

"wait no let me pa-" you said but seems like he left already. oh well ... i guess he was being extra nice today.

after xiao got back with the coffee in his hands , he noticed you were asleep. he cant help but stare for a bit again , kind of like last time. but sooner or later he stopped and woke you up.

"y/n ? i got you your coffee." xiao said as he shook your shoulder gently.

"huh .. ? oh your back , sorry. got really tired there." you said , rubbing your eyes slightly to fully wake you up , even though you've been sleeping for only about 15 minutes or so.

"oh and thank you , this should wake me up more." you took the coffee from xiaos hand and drank some of it.

soon or later you started studying again. seems like you were a bit frustrated though. which again xiao noticed of courseee ( cuz he wasn't even studying and is just watching you silently hehe )

"are you struggling with anything ? you know i can teach you right .." xiao spoke , softly ( only for u ofc ♡ )

"yeah , i dont understand stand this at alll ..." you whined to him , which xiao found really cute. but now is his opportunity to teach you. thank the archons your dumb. in a nice way.

xiao moved his chair closer to you and started to teach you nice and slowly so you could have a better understanding.

"so , do you understand now? i think i explained pretty slowly for you."

"ooohh , yeahh i understand now. well kind of , the one you explained was easy , idk about the rest of these though." you said while looking at the paper with all the equations xiao wrote.

"good you understand some part of it , ill give you my notes for you to study at home ok ? it's getting dark , we should head back home." xiao spoke as he handed out his notes to you.

"thank you ! and yeah , im getting pretty tired again .." you agreed while accepting the notes he gave you. his handwriting was actually pretty neat which you just noticed.

"do you want me to .. walk you home?" xiao asked , but if you said no , he would still walk you home. because it was getting pretty dark outside and he needs to protect you from all those creeps !

"sure , and you know you've been weirdly nice to me these days. i wonder why .."

"im not , your just being delusional again."