Chapter 1

General's pov
It was a normal morning in Chicago for most of the people, there was a new shift at firehouse 51 and some of the firefighters and paramedics was ready to get started with there new shift this morning.
Matt Casey had arrived at the firehouse for a few minutes ago and he was ready for the new shift today even if he didn't feel like working today.
Casey walked in to the locker room to put his bag away inside of his locker and to change in to his work uniform.

Casey was taking out things from a locker that was next to his own that had belonged to Andy Darden who died in duty less then a month ago.
Because of the death of Andy Darden a few things did happen, tension and fight did create between lieutenant Kelly Severide and lieutenant Matt Casey who used to be best friend with Andy Darden.
It wasn't just the tension between Severide and Casey that had created, there was tension between Vanessa and her husband Matt Casey.
Venessa had grown up with both Severide and Darden, Wallace Boden was working with Kelly Severide's dad when Boden adopted Vanessa. Severide had been best friend with Darden since they both was in kindergarten and Darden meet Vanessa through Severide.

As Casey was cleaning out Dardens locker one of his teammates walked in to the locker room and saw what was happening. Most of the guys doesn't talk so much about what have happened and the reason is because of Casey and Severide.

Vargas - what the hell are you doing, Casey?

Casey - can't stand looking at this another day.

Vargas - Heather might want it.

Casey - yeah. I'll call her.

Vargas - Boden's looking for you.

Casey finished up with cleaning out Darden's locker before the talk with Chief, but Casey took the tape that was on Darden's locker with Darden's name on it and he placed it on the box that he was holding.
When Casey walked in to the bullpen chief had walked out of his own office and he was standing right in front of the door to the office.

Boden - Casey, you want to step into my office?

Casey - Rumor's floating around you're going to box in the drop-a-cop. Fight that guy who slept with your first wife?

Boden - it was my second wife, and she's his problem now, not mine. So, no, I'm not boxing him.

Casey walked in to chiefs office after he had taken a step a side to let Casey walk inside to the office, and when Casey walked in to chiefs office he saw that Severide was there. Casey didn't know that chief needed to talk to both him and Severide, and he didn't even know what chief wanted to talk about.

Boden -  Mayor Emanuel's coming by on Saturday to mark the month since Darden....

Chief noticed the looks that Casey and Severide was giving each other, it was hard for them to even stand next to each other or be close to each other in the same room and chief was kind of tired of there behavior.
Boden - this animosity....has got to stop. You're both supposed to be leaders here. Lead by example. We've all been through it. Andy was a friend to all of us.

Severide - Yeah, he was.

He gave Casey a look which Casey saw.

Casey - is there something you want to say?

Boden - see this? This right here. This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Severide - you're right, chief. I'm sorry. It's all good.

Casey - we're fine, chief.

Boden - then that's enough for now.

Chief let it slide and Casey was the first one to walk out of chiefs office and Severide was a couple of steps behind.
Both Casey and Severide are so damn stubborn which makes it even harder for everyone around the firehouse and especially for chief and Vanessa.