𝟬𝟮. 𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂

Start from the beginning

"I was kidding, you know right?" Dua said trying to ease the temperature she raised around because of her teasing and Meerab nodded. "So I will call abbu and inform him we are coming back tomorrow" she said and Meerab agrees.

The doorbell ringing a couple of times grabbed their attention making them wonder who might be at this hour of the morning, it was hardly 9:45 in the morning.

"I will check" saying so Meerab walked towards the living room of the house and opens the door for the person who rang the bell only to find one figure standing in front of her which she never expected to visit.

Murtasim!

He stood in front of her with those same stern expressions, deep eyes staring at her which only screamed 'I hate you, Meerab' like he used to shout out his lungs out in childhood every time she troubled him. His perfectly gelled hair and that black formal suit on him suited perfectly to make it difficult for a second to take her eyes off him.

She hated him with every inch of her body but can't deny the fact that he is handsome and that anger of his which she loathed most about him is undoubtedly the most attractive thing about him.

"Meerab" he said trying to be soft with his tone

The moment he called her name confirmed to her it was not one of her nightmares but he is standing in front of her for real. Inhaling a sharp breath she let out "I'm busy right now, come later" saying so she closed the door on his face.

Murtasim took a step forward to stop her but the door was already closed on his face making him enough furious "This girl" he grinned his teeth with anger. The way she closed the door on his face was an insult to him, everyone treats him with respect except one, Meerab. He can't even lose his temper, his mother has sent him with a bunch of instructions.

And then the rule was simple since childhood which never changed even when they grew up, Meerab does anything she wants and that's okay while he was always told of she is younger to him and he should understand. Half of his problems begin with Meerab and end with her. In childhood, her whole existence seems a problem to him.

As they grew up he became a sensible man who understands they are no more kids to continue their childish fights and hence he tried to settle down the war enraged between them but the time he protest against law studies as it came to change their family tradition was the moment unending hatred in her heart was born for him.

She never talked to him properly after that day, she never looked at him and even avoided every time possible. He never tried to make her understand his point of view, his thoughts. When it comes to cousin she was closer to Azhaan and Taahir─he was well aware of the fact as he never tried to make any such a bond with her.

Despite all the disagreements he cares about her, maybe just little but he does because she is a part of the family after all and then she stood with him and took care of him when his father passed away and he was broken. Tho his brothers were there for him but Meerab being there came as a surprise. He discovered she was not as bad as he considers her and there is another side to this stubborn and spoilt brat Meerab.

Well, that was the last time before he pushed away everyone and her from himself and become a man he never wanted to be.

He hissed in anger and pressed the button again, angrily.

"Who's on the door?" Dua asks walking into the living room as she continued to hear the doorbell. Meerab gives a worried look before she walks up to the couch and sits there. Murtasim around her never turned out to be good, not at least after they grew up because the silly fights of childhood turned into major wars in adulthood, most started by her. But then she never considered it as her fault, his existence naturally provokes her and makes her angry, especially for the past 3 years.