10 - Just You & Me

"Hey," Harin waved at Y/N and Jay when they stepped inside the bar along with Sunghoon. "I didn't get to say it but welcome to the team. I'm glad there's another girl in the group now." 

"Thank you so much." Y/N watched her with a warm smile, appreciating the genuine hospitality. "When Jay told me there's a girl working here, I was so happy and excited to meet you."

"Oh yeah, thank you for covering me that day." Harin placed a hand on Y/N's shoulder before she smiled and shook her head. "I have a lot to tell you about Jay and Sunghoon and the rest of the workers. But let's leave it for later when we're off work."

"I heard you." Sunghoon folded his arms over his chest while leaning against the doorframe. "Should I be worried?"

Harin rolled her eyes. "Worried? Nah, just a little cautious, maybe. You never know what stories might come up." That earned her a middle finger from him before Jay held his finger and pulled it away. He had never sworn or resorted to obscene gestures in front of they deserved his respect and better behavior.

"Keep it classy, Sunghoon." Since a young age, Jay was known for his caring and nice side. He was raised right and he was old people's favorite because of his charming manners and genuine interest in others. Y/N wondered why he was nice to her, but he was just as kind to everyone else.

Sunghoon gave a mock salute and a playful grin. "Sure thing, boss."

Harin and Sunghoon cleaned the tables and put down the chairs while Y/N and Jay prepared the drinks. He would show her how to mix different cocktails, his fingers deftly moving between bottles and glasses. Y/N watched in awe, not just at his bartending skills but at the way he was so gentle and patient in his teaching. 

She stared at his eyes and at how his glasses sat perched on the bridge of his nose. He was handsome, not the kind of handsome that screamed for attention, but the kind that drew you in with its subtlety and warmth. Just like a hidden gem waiting to be discovered.

"Focus on me." He rested his head against his hand and looked at her, his gaze locking onto hers. The noise of the bar around them seemed to fade into the background, leaving only the two of them in a world of their own.

Y/N blinked, her cheeks flushing as she tore her gaze away from his eyes. "Right, sorry. Focus on you."

He smiled, his fingers gently reaching to tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "No need to rush, Y/N." He said softly, making her feel like every word was a delicate brushstroke across her heart. "Take your time. It's just you and me here."

Glasses clinked and people laughed in the distance, but the sounds seemed distant as if they were part of a separate reality. "Thank you." She whispered, her fingers tracing the cocktail shaker. "You're a good teacher."

"Oh yeah?" He leaned in, his voice a mere breath away. "It's easy to be a good teacher when you have a student as attentive as you." Her cheeks warmed up at the praise. 

"Two martinis and stop the romance here. Someone over there asked me if Y/N is your girlfriend." Sunghoon's words made Jay raise his eyebrow before he wiped his hands and leaned back slightly, chuckling. "Should I have said yes?"

"Playing along could be interesting." Her heart skipped a beat at his response but he nonchalantly started making the martinis, his skilled hands moving gracefully as he poured the liquids into the shaker. She cleared her throat and helped him while trying not to think too much about his reply. After all, he was only playing along for the sake of a joke.

Harin leaned against the counter, watching the customers with a bemused expression. "Are you having fun working here?" She turned to Y/N who was leaning against the counter, momentarily lost in thought.

"Yeah," She looked up, her gaze focusing on Harin as she processed the question. "It's fun." 

On cue, the door swung open and five guys stepped inside, making her raise her eyebrows in surprise. "Hey, guys!" Harin rushed to them, her voice filled with genuine enthusiasm. "You just got off work?"

Y/N's eyes met Heeseung's and he scoffed, finding the fact that she was indeed working there ridiculous. At that, she rolled her eyes before she smiled at Jungwon and Sunoo who made their way to her. "Hello! You look even more beautiful in that apron, noona." Sunoo muttered, his eyes twinkling mischievously.

"Thank you," She smiled, her eyebrows then furrowing. "But aren't you not allowed to drink?"

"Jay Hyung," Jungwon's dimples deepened as he grinned, "said we can come here and have non-alcoholic drinks. Right, Hyung?"

"Yes. I'll bring it to you in a while." They nodded and gave Y/N a thumb-up before walking towards the rest who waved at Y/N from their table. She smiled at them and looked at Jay who was standing behind the bar, preparing the non-alcoholic drinks for the group. He glanced at her and offered her a soft smile before getting back to his work. "They're always so hyper."

"They're fun to be around. Apart from Heeseung who hates me." Her words made Jay pause before he tilted his head, his eyes narrowing slightly. "Maybe not really hate, but he doesn't seem to like my presence."

"He doesn't hate you," He smiled a little, placing his cold hand against her cheek as he leaned in closer to her. "He's just... well, he's Heeseung." The sound of her chuckling made him smile and Y/N reached out her finger, touching his dimple. 

"I like your dimple." She blurted out, catching herself off guard. Jay's cheeks reddened under his glasses and she found herself getting lost in his warm, brown eyes. 

He cleared his throat and looked away, his jaw clenching before he turned to her. "You're the only one who manages to make it appear. So you're the only one who gets to see it." His gaze dropped to her lips before flicking back up to meet her eyes, making her heart race even faster.

"I should... hand them the drinks," She stammered, trying not to let her nervousness overwhelm her. Y/N shifted slightly, feeling the heat rising in her cheeks as she moved to retrieve the tray of drinks she had been holding. Everyone was waiting for her and when she made her way to their table, she couldn't help but notice how Heeseung folded his arms and looked away. She didn't know why he was so bitter but she didn't want to say anything. She wasn't going to stay there, anyways. 

Jay soon joined them when there weren't many customers left, pulling the chair next to Y/N before sitting down. "Took you long enough." Jake raised his eyebrow and smiled knowingly. He took off his glasses and put them down on the table, letting out a contented sigh. 

Y/N watched them talk and laugh, recalling the moments she spent with Sungho and their friends. They used to have their own little world but after Sungho's sudden, cruel death, things had changed drastically. The once tight-knit group seemed to have scattered like leaves in the wind, each person dealing with their grief in their own way.

"Hey," Jay placed his hand on her thigh, gently squeezing it to get her attention. "How about we take a walk outside? Just you and me."