Chapter 24 - Yearning

Start from the beginning

"It's just you.. What do you want.." the informant sighed as sheathed his sword back into the scabbard. Seeing the cheeky assassin caused his head to ache.

"I just finished a mission, where's my reward~" the cat-like assassin teased shamelessly. Even though the two hadn't seen each other for a while, he acted as if they had never separated.

"Ask your boss for rewards, why come to me?" Bai Feng's instincts told him to quickly run away. Fighting the jade-eyed man right now would mean certain death.

"Also who did this?" the assassin was about to touch the informant's bruised cheek but the cedar-haired beauty quickly moved away.

"None of your business" Bai Feng was about to turn around and leave when the assassin grabbed onto his hand. Too warm.. As Xiao Tian thought this, the golden-eyed man seemed to lose his balance as his body toppled onto the assassin.

The last thing Bai Feng heard were muffled noises as his head pounded and throbbed.

The assassin quickly made his way to the informant's manor with the cedar-haired beauty currently in his arms. But when he leaped onto the window he was surprised to see someone in his room. The said person was equally surprised to see the pair come through the window, but his medic instincts kicked in when he saw his little brother in the masked man's arms.

"I happened to see him fighting off some rogues.. he collapsed not long after" explained the assassin as he gently put down Bai Feng on his bed.

"This little brother of mine.." the doctor sighed deeply as he examined the informant.

"Can you help me prop him up in a sitting position? I need to check for injuries." the doctor proceeded to slip off the informant's robes.

"Pardon my rudeness, I'm Chen Qiu Cheng. Bai Feng's older brother." the older brother finally introduced himself.

"Nice to meet you Qiu Cheng Xiong, you can call me HeiLi." the assassin greeted.

"Thank you for taking care of my brother. Bai Feng might put up a strong front, but he actually needs more care than he lets himself." Qiu Cheng smiled, seemingly gentle yet something was telling Xiao Tian that he shouldn't mess with this person.

The feverish man could barely hear murmuring near him, and as he tried to open his eyes his head spun. Who's voice..

"When did he get hurt.." the doctor narrowed his eyes on the wound festering on his brother's shoulder.

Claw marks.. Not from a human.. Xiao Tian clicked his tongue.

"I'll go fetch some water and heat my blade, please watch over him" the older brother requested as he wiped off sweat from Bai Feng's forehead.

Sensing that some weight had left the bed, the informant instinctively tugged on his brother's sleeve.