still into you

"It's not a walk in the park to love each other,
But when our fingers interlock
Can't deny, can't deny you're worth it.
'Cause after all this time
I'm still into you."
paramore

It was already past midnight when Taylor made an attempt to get his keys into the door. It took him three tries to get it in, seeing as how sleepy, and a little tipsy he was. He'd gone to Zacs to work on some music, and ended up staying a lot later than planned.

Hayley was invited as well, but politely declined it, not feeling like leaving the house. Neither of the boys pushed her, just thankful at the progress she'd already made.

Zac and Taylor did work on the music for a while, but eventually just ended up talking and drinking a few beers, which quickly turned into a few beers too many. Taylor ended up sticking around even later just so he would be good to drive home.

He climbed the stairs as quietly as possible, deciding not to go to the guest room right away. Instead, he walked into the master bedroom, opening the door and holding his breath as it squeaked. To his luck, Hayley hadn't moved an inch.

He carefully made his way to her side of the bed, squatting down in front of her nightstand. Due to the dim lights coming in from the cracked door, Taylor could make out her sweet, delicate features. She was sleeping so peacefully, and as tired as Taylor was, he was sure he could sit here for hours and just watch her.

They'd barely seen each other for five minutes this morning before Taylor had to leave to meet Zac, and he really needed his daily dose of Hayley. He smiled sadly, watching her frown a little in her sleep.

Slowly, he moved his hand to brush some hair behind her ear, his fingers lingering for a few seconds on her soft cheeks. She hummed softly, her frown being replaced by a small smile. Taylor was in awe of how stunning she was.

"Goodnight, baby," he whispered, kissing the corner of her mouth as she slept, "I love you."

He sent her once more glance before standing up and going back to the guest room.

He clumsily stripped to his boxers, climbing into bed to let his back hit the mattress. He was relieved to be able to relax, but couldn't help but to think about how this wasn't the bed he wanted to be in. It was in the wrong room, and it was missing something really important.

Hayley.

Preferably, Hayley inside his arms.

He pouted subconsciously before closing his eyes, falling asleep as he imagined Hayley next to him.

Somewhere further into the night, he felt the bed dip beside him, and seconds later, lips brushing against his forehead.

He turned towards the direction of the touch, but she wasn't there. He was so tired, still practically asleep as he settled into the bed again.

Then, a moment later, his brain seemed to catch up and he let out a yawn, squinting his eyes to see Hayley at the edge of the bed.

"Hey," he mumbled, not even trying to hide his confusion in his tired state.

Hayley smiled, "Shh, go back to bed." She told him, but Taylor just reached his hand out blindly, eyes already closed again.

"Lay with me for a while?" He asked, his hand finally coming in contact with the side of her thigh, he traced his thumb over where he knew one of her tattoos would be.

To his luck, she gratefully climbed into the bed, throwing an arm over his chest as she practically laid on his left side.

An easy silence fell between them, Taylors hand on her waist to hold her close. It took about a minute before she tilted her head up, her lips against his jaw.