Part 10

Dewey is in the police station with Sidney. He left the crime scene to be investigated by other officials, since he's the only person there that could give Sidney comfort.

The murder spree has been big news in Woodsboro, but the entire information wasn't spread in the news. The connection with the murders and the Prescott family wasn't as clear at the beginning, but the collaboration of other detectives have helped to conclude that the photographs left in the eight crime scenes were of Maureen Prescott.

This case was too big for the local police of Woodsboro, the victims ascended to eight now with the terrible crime of Sidney's father. What started as isolated cases is now the product of a serial killer that made sure every victim was left to be found next to a Maureen Prescott's picture in her twenties. That detail was discovered by a Detective from another state named Mark Kincaid, who was working on an investigation of cases of sexual abuses in the Hollywood Industry.

Dewey brings Sidney a glass of water. "How are you feeling?" He asks, putting his hand on her shoulder in a gesture of comfort.

"Terrible." Sidney replies sadly. "I can't believe this has happened. My father has been killed by this sick bastard."

Dewey looked at her. He could tell she was struggling with all these emotions. She just wanted to cry. He could tell plenty of thoughts were going through her head right now, and none of them were good. It was obvious that Dewey was sympathetic to her and really did care for her.

"Don't worry, I'll catch the bastard who did this." he says in a soft and warm voice. Dewey shakes his head, embarrassed that they haven't done a lot of progress in the case. "Sidney, I can't give you all the details right now. The sheriff will want to take your declaration... What I wanted to ask of you is that you stay in my house." He says in a soft and understanding tone. "I don't want you to be alone through this."

"I'll stay with you." Sidney says quietly. "Thank you, Dewey. I just want that bastard to be brought to justice."

"I can't understand how someone could do something like this..." Sidney takes the glass of water that Dewey had brought for her and takes a sip. "Do you have any suspects?" Sidney asks Dewey.

"Sid, when people kill like this... there's no logical explanation... It's not something people like us can understand. What we need now is to keep you in a safe place until we have a lead about who is doing this. " He says in a soft and sympathetic voice.

It is not fair that Sidney has to go through these fears again. It was clear now that the killer was trying to get Sidney's attention and that she was, undoubtedly, the ultimate target. There was also the future production of Stab 2 around the corner, which has brought the rumors of fugitive Billy Loomis, the killer of her mother, back to Woodsboro. The thing is that it doesn't sound like a marketing strategy anymore.

"Do you think maybe there's a copycat killer out there?" Sidney said fearfully. "What if this is Billy or someone who's helping Billy?"

Sidney looked down at the ground, fear filling in her eyes. Clearly she was terrified of this, it reminded her too much of her mother's murder and made her wonder if Billy would be coming for her too.

"I'm scared, Dewey."

"Sid..." Dewey sighs, it's a tough situation, but the last thing they need is Sidney believing those rumors and being paranoid. "There's no proof he's back in Woodsboro. That's all the news making things up... That's how they work." he says in a tender voice.

"That's not how I work, Dewey, '' says Gale Weathers, entering the little interrogation room suddenly.

"What the hell are you doing here, Gale?" Dewey asks, clearly annoyed by her presence.