Part 3

Billy keeps silent the rest of the way. He knows Stu is lying. He looks, smells and surely, he even tastes disgusting. Not only that, but he thinks the infection in his neck is spreading everywhere, yet he can't see a doctor without risking being caught by the police.

His last chance would be to see if Stu had antibiotics in his bathroom and steal them.

"We're here." Stu pulls the van up into the gravel driveway and slowly parks the car before turning off the ignition. He looks over at Billy with a smile, but the way he speaks and the look on his face and in his eyes all show that he's concerned. He takes his key off the ignition and turns to face Billy as he speaks. "So... Are you all right, Billy? Is there anything I can get you? " Stu speaks in a very soft voice but despite being extremely gentle in his whole demeanor, he's clearly worried about Billy not taking good care of himself.

"Clean clothes, I suppose" he says, slowly putting his leg down, trying not to move his ankle in a bad direction. He opens the door and starts to go out, taking a look at his surroundings. He hopes Stu offers to help him walk and he doesn't have to ask, but who knows? Maybe Stu was still angry at him snapping.

"Ok... But do you feel up to that? " Stu seems unsure here. "I mean... How bad is your ankle? Don't you think you should rest? Perhaps elevate it until the swelling goes down?" Stu speaks softly, and he looks at Billy with an expression of pure concern. He then thinks for a moment. "Or I can get you some pain pills and an ice pack... What do you think? Do you think you can walk on that?" Stu speaks again with only a hint of a frown, clearly wanting to do whatever Billy needs him to do.

"Of course I can't walk," Billy snaps, suddenly. He immediately regrets it and looks down, sighing. "Sorry..."

Stu gets a little startled but he realizes that Billy didn't mean to snap. His face goes from a surprised look to a more relaxed one as he speaks in a softer voice once more.

"Don't even worry about it. You're not well, I see that, and your frustration is perfectly understandable." Stu speaks again in a calm and tender tone. "So what should we do then? What do you require? " Stu speaks with an encouraging tone as he looks at Billy. "Want me to get you the medical stuff, or is there some other way I can help?"

"Help me walk, that's it" Billy says, almost whispering. "I just want to take a shower."

Stu nods silently.

"Of course, of course... I'll help you. Ok? " He speaks with a tone that sounds genuine. He puts his arm on Billy's back to help support him when he stands up while speaking. "Alright? I'll help walk you inside and get you settled. But then if you need anything else, you just have to say the word, ok?"

Billy nods, tired. He just does as Stu says, silently. The sooner they're done, the sooner he can leave too.

Stu helps him walk towards the house, and he speaks with an encouraging tone.

"See, you're doing great. We'll have you bathed in just a bit." Stu smiles encouragingly and gives Billy a pat on the back again. "We'll have you feeling brand new in no time." He then leads Billy into the house towards the bathroom. "You go ahead and take your hot shower. Ok? Just let me know if you need anything." Stu gives Billy a wink once again as he speaks before leaving the room to give Billy some privacy.

"Fine," Billy murmurs. "Don't forget the clothes... If they're dark, better. And... left my backpack in the door. I think I forgot it in the van..."

Stu nods once more and he speaks with a little smile.

"Ok, I understand. I'll be here when you're done." Stu gives Billy another pat of appreciation on his arm before he starts to leave the room. "Just let me know if you need anything, Billy." Stu closes the door before walking to the other room, and he takes Billy's backpack from the van, bringing it inside. He leaves it by the door like Billy asked him to do and he starts taking some clothes out of their closets that might fit Billy.