Part 4

The next morning, Stu wakes up before Billy does. He sees that the television is on, with the movie finished, and there is also pizza and drinks on the coffee table.

He leaves the news channel on at a low volume, and takes the things he had on the table towards the kitchen, without making a sound.

He comes back and sits down, still not waking Billy up. He wants to ask him about the wounds he has, how Billy got them, but he isn't sure how to approach the subject, if it is a sensitive issue to Billy or not.

Stu sighs a little as he hears the news about the murder spree. He thinks about Billy and, even though he's still not sure what exactly happened yesterday, a thought comes to his head, and he feels an immense guilt start to take shape in his stomach." Oh, no... More... More people. "His face goes straight for a moment.

Then, Billy starts to move a bit, flinching and hissing when he moves his ankle in the wrong direction. "Shit" he mutters, as he tries to sit up. In the middle of the movement, he watches at the television and narrows his eyes.

"Oh, you're up! "Stu speaks in a friendly tone, and he immediately goes over to Billy as he sees him sit up by himself. " How are you feeling? "Stu asks this question while he picks up the blanket he put over Billy last night, and he makes sure that not only is Billy fully covered but also as comfortable as he can be. He then steps back as he places the remote next to Billy."How was your sleep? "He doesn't say anything after this as he waits for Billy to reply.

Billy takes the control and mutes the television. He looks at Stu, his eyes still narrowed, as he says.

"Do you usually watch the news? I didn't take you as someone interested in those kinds of programs."

"We need to know what's happening. "Stu speaks, serious, and he looks right into Billy's eyes." That's why... " He sighs heavily but he forces himself to calm down and goes back to his normal friendlier demeanor. He also speaks with a bit of a worried tone but a hint of curiosity as well." Just please tell me one thing... What happened yesterday? I mean... What happened to your ankle? "

"We need to know what's happening" Billy repeats slowly, nodding, as if testing the words for the first time. "Changing the subject so fast, Stu?" He asks in a condemnatory tone, leaning his face closer. "Or you watch them to know if the police are into you?" he lifts an eyebrow, smirking.

Stu's face goes red from Billy's condemning tone and question. And he's also a little thrown off at this response. Then, after what seems like an eternal minute of just silence and staring at Billy without saying anything, he speaks just as condemning and sternly as Billy did before.

"No. I'm not that kind of person." He speaks in a slightly more menacing tone as he adds this detail." Just tell me who or what did that to you. "He just looks at Billy in a cold and piercing way.

The tone Stu is using only manages to make Billy's smile spread wider, as there's a bright in his eyes that Stu hasn't seen in years. Billy leans even closer to Stu's face as he speaks, not blinking even once.

"What kind of person aren't you, Stu?"

Stu's eyes go wide and he's almost caught off guard by Billy's response. But he stays put and doesn't back down. He just stares at Billy with an even more dangerous look in his eyes. His expression and voice are so serious that it almost seems like he's being possessed right here and now... And when he speaks, he speaks slowly.

" I'm not... a psychopath." His voice is so cold that this one word alone almost freezes the surrounding air. " Now... Tell me. Who. Did. It."

"You're not a psychopath..." Billy's smirk is gone now, his lips tightened in a line. His eyes are looking into Stu's eyes, yet his attention seems to be in his own thoughts for a while, as he remains silent. Then, the bright in his eyes comes back, and he leans into Stu's neck, as he whispers in his ear: "What about me, then?"