Part 1

"Liver alone!" Stu says, joking, as he looks into the mailbox of his house.

"Your jokes are pathetic, you know?" Someone says behind him.

Stu turns around, studying the person from head to toe. It's an indigent man with an old backpack on his shoulders. His face is menacing.

"Oh, I get it. You're probably not a big fan of Stab, are you?" He says, a bit annoyed by the intrusion. " But I'll have you know that my jokes are not only funny, but they bring my friends together and make us all stronger, smarter, more capable, and just all around better people. And I'd say that's not at all pathetic. And besides, I'm doing what I can to fight the darkness and all the evils of this world. How about you? What do you do?"

The man frowns his eyebrows, shaking his head.

"You moron. It's me, Billy."

Stu stares at this man for a minute, and he can see he's serious. Stu pauses for a minute and puts his hand on Billy's shoulder and smiles.

"Billy... You're alive?"

"So are you, I see." Billy says, emotionless.

"You're not going to believe what I've been through. I'll tell you later. Now, what's your take on this new killing spree the town is having? Do you think it's another copycat? Or someone new?"

"Why do you care? I don't give a damn about them. They can't make a good plot for a movie like the one we did. That Stab movie... It didn't do us justice." he says furious, with a malevolent look on his dirty face.

"You're right, the Stab franchise just ripped off real life and worsened it. So, why aren't you stopping the new killer running rampant through town? Don't you care about the safety of your fellow peers?"

"Why should I care? Nobody...cares about me." He lowers his voice at that. "I've been living in the streets, hiding from the police... Even my father doesn't give a shit about me... Why am I even surprised?" He laughs. " He was always a piece of shit."

Billy shakes his head and looks away.

"Well, I still care about you, Billy." It appears genuine and Stu seems sorrowful. "And I'm sorry no one else has let you know that you matter. Even if your dad and the movie couldn't see past you, I do. You shouldn't be living on the streets, hiding, being cold and lonely and in fear. And I'm more than willing to help you."

"But you haven't looked for me in years. Why would I believe you?" Billy asks, a cold gaze fixed on Stu.

"I know it's no excuse, but after what happened on that tragic night, I just didn't know what to do. I tried looking for you, but the cops really hounded me, and I was getting a lot of unwanted attention from the media, and I couldn't keep my head straight. I know I let you down, but I swear, I can make it up to you. Just let me try."

Billy sighs, tired and starved. He doesn't know what to feel about Stu.

"You can let me hide in your place for a couple of days? I'll leave after that... I just... I really need a shower and something to eat. Not only that, but I feel too weak, and I hate it." He looks at the ground, embarrassed.

Stu can see Billy is very thin under all his layers.

"Of course! Absolutely. Let me help you and take care of you. I'm more than willing and able to do that. I know I screwed up before, but I'm here for you now."

Billy looks at him suspicious.

"You're not going to sell me to the police, right?"

"You have my word on that, Billy." Stu holds up his hand and seems sincere in helping him. "Now, let's get you a good shower and a hot meal."