"You're too slow"

"Ugh... (I need to train more in my cooking skills)"

"Here, it's nothing like what the cook makes, but it'll fill us until dinner"

"Thanks..."

When Nanako took a bite of the breakfast Edward had to make for her, she started tearing up, both because of how good it tasted (for her) and from her lack of cooking skills, which caused her to give slightly more work to Edward, as for him on the other hand.

"..." <Huh? That recipe that appeared in my dreams actually worked>

After having their own quick breakfast, and slightly later handing the breakfast for the other kids, the two separated as Edward went to help his father with the usual administration paperwork, and Nanako who wasn't ready for that yet, went to attend her usual lessons under Camilla's guidance, so that she wouldn't cause more trouble to Edward.

.

.

.

It was now a little past 2 in the afternoon, and Nanako was helping in cleaning the mansion, but after two years of training and being the oldest of the "interns", she was now allowed to handle the cleaning of more fragile objects.

"*Humming*... Hm?"

Then as she was cleaning the frames from one of the many paintings in the mansion, she started hearing voices coming from the slightly open door right behind her, and one of the voices belonged to Edward. Having just finished cleaning the frame, and her curiosity getting the best of her, Nanako went behind the door and peeked inside.

"Next week, Duke Hamilton will be visiting our territory"

"Eh? Is it not too early for his annual visit?"

"I thought the same as well, but according to the letter, he caught wind of our 'intern program' as you put it"

"Oh... I see" <... ... ... He's definitely gonna behead us for slavery!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! Why didn't I just tell the truth to my dad instead of saying a batshit stupid idea!?>

While Edward was overthinking his situation without showing it on his face, Oliver continued speaking.

"I do not think anything serious will happen during the Duke's visit, but we should still prepare ourselves, in case he brings someone else with him, and to also ensure that none of the interns cause trouble to the Duke as well"

Then Oliver shifted his gaze away from the paper and onto the slightly open door, and called for the person hiding behind it.

"Nanako, can you please show yourself?"

"?!"

Nanako who was caught by surprise at the fact that Oliver had noticed her, embarrassedly opened the door revealing her present to both Oliver and Edward.

"Nanako, how long have you been listening?"

"... Since the moment you said that the Duke will be visiting here..."

"I see, although I do not condone your eavesdropping, I will let it pass this time since the matter was nothing outrageous, and because it also saves me time. Did you understand it, Nanako?"

"Y-Yesh!"

"Excellent, so to make up for your eavesdropping, can I count on you to keep your sibling in check during the Duke's visit?"

"! Y-Yes! I-I'll make sure to not let them insult the Duke in any way possible!"

"Very good, now you can go back to doing your usual tasks"