3: a boy?

I wake up the next morning not wanting to get out of bed or even open my eyes. I'm so comfortable and the blankets are keeping me warm. I roll over to check my alarm clock to see the time 8:34 pretty good for the weekend. I get out of bed and go to the bath to do skin care and stuff like that. Afterwards I grab a hoodie out of my room it the name soot on it, but I don't think anything of it. My mom got it for me a few years ago. I put it on and head down the stair, taking it two at a time.

"Good morning Bailey!" I hear my mom say, "I made waffles and then there is fruit in the fridge if you want some! Dad is working today at around 12 just so you know." She says with a smile.

"Okay!" I say grabbing some strawberries out of the fridge putting it on a plate that already has a few waffles on it. I sit down at the table and look outside.

"Hey mom is it okay if I go on a run say aboutttt maybe 9? If that's okay" I ask wanting to really wake up and I love running it helps build stamina for dance and if I were to ever have to run from someone for whatever reason. I need to be able to do it.

"Yeah that's fine, just make sure you bring your phone with you!" She says.

After I finish eating I head back up stairs and change into black running shorts, a purple tank top, and a black jacket over top. I change into running shoes and pull my hair back and up into a white claw clip. Run down stairs saying bye to the house because I can't see my mom and head out the front door. I start to jog down the street at an even pace and take in the world around me and let all of my thoughts become blank. That's the thing I like about running and working out. It clears my mind of everything and anything inside. Any overwhelming thoughts that I have just disappear and go away for a bit, but nothing lasts forever.

By the time I zone back into life I see how far I've gone. I check my phone and the time is 9:45, I left over 45 minutes ago, I slow down my run and come to a stop to text my mom that I'm on my way back. I'm about half back to my house so about 20 minutes from my house I see a really cute boy that looks about my age. He's outside to what seems to be his new house with his family. I guess that because there is a moving truck and they are taking boxes out of it. As I run past his house we make eye contact, (awkward am I right?), but it really wasn't! He smiled and waved at me. So I returned it to him. I keep on running past knowing that I would probably never see him again.

I'm back home finally.

"HEY IM BACK HOME NOWWWWW" I yell walking into the kitchen to get water and a snack.

"Hey b! How was your run?" My dad asks me, he's sitting in his chair on his phone.

"Hey dad! It was really good!" I say sitting down.

"That's good! Did you see anything cool on your run?" He asks, it's like a little routine. I get back from my runs and he always asks if I saw something interesting. It's comforting in a way.

"Actually yeah I did!! About a 20 minute ish walk from here a family is moving. I think..." I say not really sure of my words.

"Well what makes you think that?" He asking, fully looking at me putting his phone down, he has that fatherly smile on his face.

"Well", I start "for starters they had a moving truck in this driveway and were bringing boxes into the house." I say.

"Well yeah that does make sense I guess. Did you get a look at the family? Or was it just movers?" He asks trying to get more information.

"Yeah I saw what is I think there son and he looks to me near my age maybe a little older. He waved and smiled at me when I ran past!" I say a smile creeping onto my face without any control.

"Welllll by the look on your face do you think he's cute?" My mom says sitting next to me on the couch joining the conversation. My dad just laughs.

"Whatttt there's nothing in my face," I say obviously embarrassed by my parents, "and maybe he's cute" I say mumbling the last part.

"Ooo does Bailey have a crush on a boy?" My dad says we all start to laughing.

"No way! I don't even know him at all. I've seen him once, and for all I know he could have a really bad personality." I say trying to get any thoughts out of my delulu brain that thinks we could be with him.

"Well time will only tell Bailey." My dad says

"Yeah and who knows maybe he's a person you need in your life." My moms says.

"Well I do love this conversation, however I'm going to go upstairs to see my husband and finish my movie from last night!" I say walking upstairs.

"Bailey! For the millionth time TBS is not your HUSBAND!" I hear my dad shout at me, we all start laughing.

A/N- sorry this chapter is shorter than the others I'm really tired and in pain 💀!! Get some sleep and drinking water and eat some foodddd!!!
Word count: 971