Chapter Twenty-four - Laboratory

Start from the beginning

“hey.. it’s okay to miss her, no matter how long it has been.. I miss Genya too, I still cry sometimes when I think of him and that’s okay.. just don’t hold it back.. and promise me that every time you miss her you’ll come to me, promise?” I said and he slightly nodded “thank you, Muichiro.. you remind me a bit of her..”

My eyes widened “oh, I do?” he nodded “mhm.. she was really nice.. always making sure I am okay and holding me when I was crying.. you are just like that..”

I smiled and pulled him into a hug “and I’ll continue acting like that as long as you need me to, I won’t let anything hurt you, don’t worry”

He nodded and buried his face into my neck. We sat there like that for a bit until I heard Nezuko yell out “Guys, you’re here! thank god you’re okay!" She ran over to Mitsuri and hugged her. Mitsuri just patted her head and didn’t say anything.

I picked Kotetsu up and walked over to them, being glad all of them were okay but then I turned to look at Shinobu who was holding his side, her hoodie soaked with blood.

"S-Shinobu, your hip, are you okay?!" I said and she turned to look at me with a confused look, slowly nodding. It was like.. she wasn't sure about what to say, she was acting really odd.

"She's fine, I stopped the bleeding, it just hurts, right?" Sanemi said and turned to Shinobu who nodded once again.

"Okay.. are you sure you're okay, Shinobu..? You are a little pale.." I said quietly and she just looked down, mumbling "don't act like you care"

"What..? Shinobu, I do care.. what makes you think that I don't..?" I asked and she didn't answer. She just turned around and started to run away.

"Shinobu! Come b-" I yelled out but got interrupted by Sanemi "stop yelling, are you trying to get us killed?!"

"Sorry.. I.. why did she run away..?"

"Well, thank god she ran away, I hope she fucking dies" Mitsuri mumbled and Nezuko punched her into her shoulder "don't say that!"

"Stop fucking yelling, let's go to the hole. She ran away and we won't run after her, if something really does happen to her, it's better that it only happens to her and it doesn't put all of us in danger"  Sanemi said and began to walk away and everyone followed him.

"Is no one really going after her..?" I thought to myself and looked towards the direction where Shinobu ran away "she'll die alone.. she's already hurt.."

"Muichiro come on, they will leave us here if we won't hurry!" Kotetsu said and pointed towards the direction where everyone else left. I nodded "you're right, let's catch up with them"

"We're here" Sanemi said and stopped in front of the giant hole. My head spun as I looked down, my legs immediately started shaking "how.. how will we get down there..?" I mumbled and Sanemi took out a bunch of ropes from his bag.

"Tanjiro, tie this somewhere, I'll go first" Sanemi said and threw one end of a rope towards Tanjiro who barely managed to catch it.

Sanemi tied to rope around himself "tie it like this when you go down, I will do down and find a place for us to all get down to, then we'll see how much we have left"