Chapter 12 - Opportunity II

Start from the beginning

Kana sensed that this was a sensitive topic and decided to drop it. Rimuru remembered her past life and hurt her soul by saying what she said.

"Thanks for your hard work filming the show." Yoriko approached the trio, thanking Kana and Aqua for their hard work.

 Kana was reminded of Yoriko's expression on the first day of filming, causing her to lower her head in shame and disappointment. Kana was very self-aware of a lot of things, and this was only one of them. 

Yoriko smiled, "In my opinion, it was your performance that carried the show, Arima-san."

Kana's expression brightened by Yoriko's words. Yoriko's words moved Kana until she was on the verge of tears.

Meanwhile, Kaburagi approached Aqua and Rimuru. He looked much more welcoming than before, especially towards Aqua who he had treated rather coldly. Or maybe that was just their impressions of him, and this is what he truly was like.

"Hello there, Aqua-kun. That last episode was quite well received."

As expected, Aqua tensed up slightly from Kaburagi's approaching figure

"Thank you."

"Things were tight from an earnings standpoint, but the goal was to give talents like you an opportunity." Kaburagi looked at Rimuru and had a more bitter expression, "It's a damn shame I couldn't get you a role though, Rimuru. But don't worry, I made sure to secure you a role befitting your skills."

Rimuru tilted her head, "What do you mean, Producer?"

"I think she'll be here soon, I'll leave it up to her to tell you the details." Kaburagi vaguely responded to Rimuru's question and left her there to talk to Aqua privately. Aqua gave Rimuru a signal saying it'll be fine. 

But what am I gonna do alone...? 

***

After being forced to come to a party I didn't want to attend, I'm now left alone. That damned Aqua better hide like a Grand Thief if he doesn't wanna get turned 'Past Tense' by tomorrow. What's more, Mom and Ruby dressed me up in such a frilly dress at a party I'm not even a part of! 

The sheer shameful feeling. People must think of me like I'm some sort of arrogant girl, thinking I own the place with how I'm dressed. It's not like I haven't done anything similar to this, but this is taking it to a whole new level. 

Well, no one has complained, so I guess I can relax.

To be honest, the food wasn't bad at all. I'm staying here until Aqua leaves just because the food is that great. Unfortunately, I can't drink yet, juice may be sweet and tasty but it's just not the same. 

Kaburagi said something concerning earlier, but the food is too good to not be on my mind right now. 

"Excuse me, are you Rimuru perchance?" 

All of a sudden, the voice of a beautiful girl echoed around my ears. I turned to look and see a girl who I had seen on TV quite several times by now. Frill Shiranui is an actress that's very popular and very highly sought after by several shows and films across the Industry.

She is someone who has a position that I currently want. Seeing her in person was quite a shock, even for me.

"Uhm, yes? Unless you were talking to someone els—"

"No, I meant you." 

Frill cut me off before I could finish my sentence. The crowd began to stare in our direction, and it was incomparable to the ones we were receiving just a few minutes ago. As expected, Frill was just on a different level compared to us plebians.