Chapter 6 - The Downfall?

The moment Ai's career was put into jeopardy was something I, Hoshino Ruby, can never forget. Everything was moving too fast, too chaotic, and in a way incredibly violent. Fans immediately started to storm the Dome since they knew we hadn't left.

Why they knew was beyond me.

After that, Ai disappeared for quite some time. Even Ichigo and Miyako-san couldn't track her down. It was a whole ordeal.

I could faintly remember Rimuru fainting and being rushed home. Aqua wasn't all too happy about it either. From his expression alone, something within him changed. But, it was only after Ai had returned after a week and confronted the media about her secret Aqua indeed became someone else.

Ai and Rimuru were both facing the brunt of the hate since both were in the movie's spotlight. Aqua's facial expressions twisted every time any one of the two had gotten severe insults. Naturally, even I was extremely angry.

Ichigo said this at that press conference, "How dare you people blame a kid that's barely past infancy like this! I attended this press conference to atone for the sins I have committed against our fans by hiding this, but I did not come here to hear you people utter those cruel words to a child!"

Ichigo's outburst continued. Ai tried to calm him down, but Ichigo saw Ai and Rimuru as his daughter and granddaughter. He did not let anything slide. All sense of professionalism seemed to vanish from him that day.

After that day, Ichigo stepped down as president. Miyako-san inherited the Agency and continued working towards preventing the complete downfall of Ai's career. Rimuru once said to me that the reason why Strawberry Productions is still in business is because those reporters all had human hearts.

For a time,  I was confused by what she meant. I only thought that Rimuru looked saddened and looked at the Entertainment Industry as nothing but a pitiable existence. Every day, Rimuru was scouted to star in a film but she rejected them all.

She wasn't harsh with her words, but instead referenced Ai's career on the fragility of a Star's career.

"I'm sorry. Rimuru refuses to appear in anything. Not even by you, Director Gotanda." Miyako-san was the one that confronted every media member that tried to put Rimuru in something, one way or another.

There was even that one-time Aqua himself came forward and outright denied any chance of them succeeding at their recruitments.

Speaking of Aqua, he changed a lot. He became very overprotective of everyone, including Rimuru and me. When we reached middle school, lots and lots of boys hit on Rimuru, but none of them ever tried again after Aqua had dealt with them.

Rimuru tried to stop Aqua, and after speaking thoroughly with him, Rimuru and Aqua reached an understanding. I couldn't get anything they were saying, so I was honestly at a loss. In the end, they kept me busy with snacks and food every time they had serious discussions.

And as for the biggest victim, Ai herself did not change much.

She was still as bright as ever. But, all three of us still hate the fact that her career had been cut short so suddenly. We grew closer as a family since Ai wasn't busy with her idol activities anymore. She rarely got jobs, if any at all. We lived off of her savings for a while, but the money wouldn't last forever.

Aqua had taken up several part-time jobs, but his main one was being the Director's apprentice and assistant. Aqua was adamant about earning a living. And of course, being the brightest of us three, Rimuru was not one to stand by while doing nothing.

Miyako-san gave Rimuru a job as a Model since she was also trying her best to support our family. She essentially forced us to live with her. Everyone was so adamant about something, I felt so useless.