Ambushed

When given a chance to select a dialoged option, the selected one will be underlined.

Changes to normal dialogue will be in italics.

Not every dialogue will have "said, say, reply, etc." There's a lot of dialogue sorry not sorry.

POV: third person

The group of five eventually arrived at a room. When they entered the room, something caught their attention.

"Hey, these shiny things... Are these Light Cones? I thought only the Interastral Peace Corporation had rare stuff like this."

"No, Light Cones are Garden of Recollection technology. They allow you to carry memories around - very potent enhancement items. I heard the IPC paid a lot for the usage rights, but I've no idea how Herta managed to get a hold of one." Dan Heng clarified, while everyone listened intently.

"Enhancer huh? I wonder..." Sans thinks, looking at the Light Cone.

"They were acquired legitimately, that's all I can say. Take them, they're very useful in combat." Arlan suggests, not really wanting them to prod him for answers.

Stelle stares at it, there were 2. Arlan, Dan Heng and March 7th had already exited the room, moving on to other stuff. She looks at them, taking both.

One of the Light Cones lights up in her grasps while the other stayed dim. She passed the glowing one to Sans.

Sans looks at it curiously, taking it. The Light Cone became dull. "Huh, I wonder how it's used..." A ridiculously hilarious thought enters his mind. Would you use the book as the weapon or something? He could only imagine a person being hit on the head by a book of all things.

Sans looks at Stelle, she looks back, pointing at the light cone in his hands. She offers to exchange their light cones. He nods, taking hers and giving his. Suddenly, the Light Cone lets out a small glow. He realised that it could disappear and reappear at his will.

"We should just ask the others how it works, snow point waiting around. Heh..." Sans advised, chuckling at his own pun.

However, Stelle didn't understand it. Was it a reference to March's abilities? She tilts her head before turning around to catch up with the others.

-------------------------------------

As the group neared the elevator, a spear comes hurling at them. Dan Heng reacts quickly, blocking it with his own spear. However, he only manages to set it off course. The purple spear nearly chops Stelle's head clean off.

They were attacked by a Voidranger: Trampler.

All of them fought valiantly to ward off the enemy, but it screeched. Suddenly, several more opponents appeared in the air. Everyone looked up apprehensively, March raised her bow shouting: "Hey, sore losers. You can't just gang up on us!"

However, before anyone could attack, a drone like device appeared. It slashed through the array of enemies, weakening them.

Realising the opportunity, the group dash forward towards the elevator. Stelle supported Arlan, shielding him. Dan Heng spares a glance back but turns back to run away.

---------------------------------

"Why does it always have to get this exciting? Anyway, at least you're back. March, Dan Heng, you've been through a lot."

"Whew, Himeko~ What took you so long! That last wave of Antimatter Legion came at us like a swarm of locusts, have you ever tried shooting locusts with a bow?" March complains, slightly annoyed.

"I wouldn't of made a difference. My orbital cannon can deal with a whole bunch of enemies at once, but I couldn't just blow up the space station with it - Herta would NOT like that... Are you alright, Arlan? Asta's been worried about you."

"I'm fine, a quick patching up will do. Thanks for asking. I'll report the situation to Lead Researcher Asta immediately. Bye." Arlan assured, leaving immediately after.

Himeko watches as Arlan leaves before turning her attention to the two "strangers".

"Hey, nice to meet you two. I'm Himeko, navigator of the Astral Express."

"In other words, she's in charge of where the Express goes." March simplifies helpfully.

"March hasn't been any trouble for you along the way, has she?"

March looks flabbergasted that Himeko would ask such a thing. "Sans, Stelle, think carefully about how you want to reply to that."

"I've never met a more lively girl in my life."

"Yep uh- She's very nice, we would still be frozen in place if it wasn't for her."

Himeko, hearing the pun, chuckles. March's powers were ice based. Dan Heng groans, looking like he would much rather not be here.  March takes it as a compliment.

"Well, that's the joy of youth! We should take every step forward full of energy! They're a discerning one, aren't they Dan Heng?"

Dan Heng closes his eye, facing downwards with his arms crossed. "I have the right to remain silent."

"Haha, look at you all, you've already gotten really close. Come on, Asta has been worried about all of you."

Author's note

Hey! What do you think? I'm not great at puns. Ehe -_-

Well, see you guys next chapter!