𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘖𝘕𝘌

。・:*˚:✧。
INVISIBLE STRING
———— act one. gold rush
CHAPTER ONE ─── love has a sound
to listen to ➺ cop car by keith urban

wasn't friendship its own miracle, the finding of another person who made the entire lonely world seem somehow less lonely?

— hanya yanagihara, a little life

NO ONE REALLY EVER KNOWS HOW THEIR LIFE WILL END. One day, you learn about the inevitable notion that life will come to an end, and you can't do anything about it. You are born; you are dead.

No one can ever truly predict how they will die, but they can only hope that it's doing something they loved. Like being surrounded by loved ones or doing something to pump their adrenaline.

Josephine Grey had always assumed she'd go out in a spectacular way. In a big surfing accident on the sickest wave imaginable, or while running through the jungle escaping a large set of boobytraps. Her life would eventually end like everyone else, but it'd be the type of ending that only happened in movies.

It'd be grand.

Yet, there she was, about to die in the worst way imaginable—falling off a roof.

"You get it yet, Jose?" John B asked as he peeked over his shoulder, right leg dangled in the air. He involuntarily let out a small huff of laughter at the state of his friend behind him.

Josie stood halfway down the center of the roof, in a crouch, as she tried to capture beneficial shots of her friend's hazardous behavior. Her eyes were tightly shut, face scrunched, as she tried to avoid the sight of the slanted roof below her.

She'd almost forgotten about the camera in her hands at one point, too focused on trying to think about anything other than her precarious position.

One slightly strong breeze, and she was a goner.

"I can't believe you're asking me to die for a stupid photo," she reprimanded through her tightly wound stance.

"Oh, don't be such a drama queen," a voice chided from under them. Even though she knew her smart friend was trying to help in his own way, Josie turned her nose up at the statement.

Pope wasn't the one dangerously maneuvering his way on top of the roof.

"Yeah, didn't you almost tank it on the waves for a shot of Kie the other day?" JJ added from beneath them as he pointedly sipped his beer.

Josie had to resist the urge to look down at him. If she even caught a glimpse of the drop, she would cry.

"JJ, we spend almost ten months swimming around in the placenta. Being in the water is a natural part of the human experience. If I die from that, so be it." She took a breath and desperately tried to avoid thinking about how far her fall to the ground was.