"can i come over?"

"of course, i'm home alone though." i say.

"okay, yeah, that's no problem, see you in five."

"bye topher" i say.

"bye isa"

˚· • . ° .

"yoooooo" i look up from my phone and see chris opening the front door.

"oh my god was the door open?" i ask.

"no, mrs. chris gave me a key, remember?" chris was named after my mom, because she and mary lou are best friends since college, and so chris calls my mom mrs. chris.

"i honestly don't." i say

"you have such a shit memory, isa"

"i literally know." i nod.

"anyways, can we talk?" he asks.

"what's up topher?"

"is louis trying to talk to you?" he says, a worried expression on his face.

"what? no. why would you say that?" i lie. louis has been texting me, he says he wants to talk, but i cant tell my friends because they're so against him. i mean, i'm against him too, he put me through so much shit but i don't want to worry them with this.

"because of the comment."

"right. that." i really don't want to talk about this, chris is my truth magnet: he always manages to get me to tell him the truth when i'm lying.

"yeah... look, bella, i think he's been trying to text you or something. like trying to talk to you." he pauses. "please don't get involved with his bullshit again, isa."

"how did you know?" i ask.

"i had a hunch." he shrugs.

"you're insane." i pause. "but you're right. he has been texting me. look."  i show him his texts.

_____________________

louis.

bella can we talk?
seen monday

bella i know you've seen my
message
seen tuesday

come on, i really need to
talk to you
seen yesterday

bella please
seen today at 10.34 am

_____________________

"that asshole." he says. i nod.

"what do you think he wants to say?" chris asks.

"i'm not even sure i want to know." i answer. "what should i do, chris?"

"i don't know. as much as i dislike him, i kinda want to know what bullshit he wants to say." he says.

"yeah i guess, it's just kind of scary though." i admit.

"i get that. how about we ask the girls?"

"yeah, let me call madi and alahna."

"what about ari?" chris asks.

"ari's filming right now, she told me she couldn't hang today because she's on set." i explain.

"what? that's so cool. what's she filming?"

"i can't tell you, topher" i say, apologetic.

"pleaseeeeee, isa?" he insists while i facetime madi and alahna.

"you'll spoil it dude. you always spoil stuff."

"that's so not true" he pouts.

"you're like the tom holland of youtube, christopher." i tell him.

"or noah shcnapp" he shrugs, and i smile.

"hey bitches!" alahna says from the screeen.

"what's up, bella" madi pauses. "and... chris?"

"hello to you too, mad dog." chris furrows his eyebrows.

"can you guys come over? we need more opinions on something. it's important." i tell them.

"sure, but i'm hanging out with nick right now" madi states. "can he come too?"

"yeah, sure." i respond

"i'm actually with nate and matt, too" alahna says, her expression awkward.

"fine, just come here fast please." i give in.

"on it." alahna says, just as i hang up.

˚· • . ° .

everyone got here and we all sat down in the living room, and we started talking.

"isa, do you want me to say it?" chris asks.

"no, it's okay. thanks though, topher." i manage a small smile and tell them about louis texting me, and i show them his messages.

"what should i do?" i ask when i'm done.

"honestly?" nick starts, and i nod. "i'd just ignore it." he pauses. "he really hurt you, and my guess is he wants you back after sos was such a hit."

"i agree." alahna nods.

"but aren't you curious about what he wants to say?" chris asks. he's such a gossip sometimes.

"honestly yeah. like what if he wants to apologize or something?" madi asks.

"it won't change all the shit he did to her. i say block that motherfucker." matt says, his jaw clenched.

"damn, matt." nate widens his eyes as nick and alahna's jaws drop.

"fuck him, he's horrible." matt adds, right before walking out of the room, stomping his feet.

is he... mad? 

˚· • . ° .

matt's pov:

fucking louis. he has no right trying to get back in bella's life after being the worst boyfriend in the fucking world. i think as i stomp out of bella's house.

the warm boston air calms me, and i sit on the front steps.

i open up my phone and scroll through instagram but i only get to like two posts until i hear the door open and close behind me.

"matt, what was that?" chris asks in a soft voice as he sits beside me.

"i don't fucking know." i put a hand over my face.

"you know what my theory is?" he says. i nod for him to continue. "i think you don't actually hate her. maybe you even care about her just a little, and that's why you got so pissed at louis for reaching out to her."

"that's dumb. i hate her so much." i say. "it's just a principle thing. it's not okay to try to get back in someone's life after putting them through hell." i explain. "i don't care that it's bella, specifically. i'd react the same if it was someone random i just met."

"you sure about that?" chris asks.

"yes, christopher. i'm sure. louis' an ass."

˚· • . ° .

what are you so mad about matthew? 🤨

hhehehehe i love this

btw i love louis patridge but he is a BAD BAD person in this book so yay 😙

i needed a villain SORRY

OK BYEEEE ⭐️