02-Apologies and heartbreaks

" Atlas ?" Atlas' head snapped towards the door, he was bidding his final goodbyes to all his Professors at Ilvermony

Although a rebel, prankster and delinquent, Atlas was loved by each and every professor at Ilvermony.

So they were absolutely upset with his departure.

Atlas had written to a friend of his, a friend who had understood his perspective when the girl he fancied misbehaved with him, he'd written to her stating as per his father's wish, he was transferring to Hogwarts and he'd be visiting Ilvermony one last time.

And as expected, his friend, Diane had gathered the lot of them.

The female rushed towards him and wrapped her arms around him.

Atlas sighed as the others followed, practically wrapping him up.

" You're suffocating me." He said quietly and they all pulled away instantly.

" One fight, and you're determined on leaving us?"

" Diane told you, it seems."

" You can't stay back ?"

" Talk to your grandfather. He listens to you doesn't he ? He might help you."

" The decision's already made. I've even received the letter for the books and stuff I'd need."

" Atlas, I'm genuinely sorry. Can you not stay back ?" Melanie, the friend he used to fancy, apologised.

Atlas sighed.

" I forgive you—"

" He's staying back ! He's staying back !"

" Go get your things and write to your Father."

His friends seemed utterly delighted and mistaken.

He was not staying back.

Whatever made them think he'd stay back?

" I'm not staying back." He calmly clarified and their faces fell.

" You're not staying back ?" They murmured in unison and he shook his head.

" I forgave Melanie, because I got nothing to do with her anymore, not because I intend to stay back. When you hold onto your past, while wanting to turn over a new leaf, you carry the past along like a burden. And I don't wish to do that."