Mahi and Virat and meeting again

Start from the beginning

Others being irrelevant, superficial, petty Juniors. He went with them over him. Virat's head was framing thoughts he shouldn't get as a senior international player. But when it came to Mahi bhai, he was his brother. He simply can't make plans with others like that. That's- that's unfair of him.

A very done Virat drove to the beach. He was in no mood to give up. He finds Mahi bhai, detaches him from his so called kids and keeps him for himself for the night. Yes. That's what he's gonna do.

Upon reaching the quieter part of the beach where the celebrities usually chilled, Virat revved the engine slowly as he looked for him. This corner of the beach was empty, and the waves were humungous. Virat got out the car and walked for a little, but there was no sign of Mahi bhai.

And, the place almost looked... unsafe. Too quiet, with only the waves sloshing wildly across the shore. There was a thunder and Virat flinched. He looked up and smiled lightly when it had started drizzling.

It had a weirdly calming effect on him. It was a full moon day, and it was just him there, accompanied by the darkness, moonlight, and the the powerful oceanic embrace.

How long has it been since I've been alone at the beach, Virat thought to himself as he plopped down, letting the waves kiss his feet. Back and forth, back and forth, the waves went, like success. As easy as it comes, as easy it goes.

The rain poured heavily down on Earth, and Virat started feeling the coldness on his shoulders and head. But his body wouldn't leave. This was rare. He liked it. It made him forget his sorrows and anxieties.

So he didn't move.

———————

Mahi walked to his room after finishing dinner and saw Rutu and Jaddu sat on the corridor floors, laughing about something. He smiled, they looked so comfortable around each other. He was proud of Jaddu, for creating a safe space for Rutu who he remembered to be really introverted when he came to the camp.

"Had your dinner, you two?" He asked.

Rutu nodded but Jaddu frowned. He looked his watch and his eyebrows shot up. It's been an hour.

"Did you meet Virat?"

Mahi frowned. "He didn't come, or did he? I was actually waiting for him."

"Mahi bhai.." Jaddu said, still in a daze that Virat might have actually gone to the beach. Oh shit. He thought Virat would somehow find bhai. Not be such an idiot to actually believe his words.

"Did he come?" Mahi asked, concerned. Because Virat always came when he asked him to.

"Yeah.. that- um.." Jaddu ran a hand over his face, internally cursing Virat.

Mahi narrowed his eyes. "What did you do, Jaddu?"

"I really thought he had brains to not believe me!"

Mahi walked closer to him, now sensing trouble. "Jaddu. What did you do?"

"It wasn't my fault. I always mess with him, you know it-"

"Cut the slack and out with the truth now." Mahi said in a stern tone that Jaddu was really used to, but Rutu gulped from beside him. Mahi bhai wasn't even using the tone on him, but it still was the most intimidating thing ever.

Jaddu looked down. "I told him you went out with the kids to the beach.. and.. you forgot about him."

Mahi frowned. "And you did that because..?"

"Because he's Sir Ravindra Jadeja." Rutu said involuntarily and immediately regretted opening his mouth. He quickly mumbled a "Sorry."

"Why don't you go to bed, Rutu, it's already 1." Mahi said, slightly glaring at him, trying not to sound tired of the overdone "Sir" Ravindra Jadeja joke. Rutu needn't be told twice, so he scurried to his room.