You're so fucking selfish, you can't believe your own self.

But you can't find it in you to go against the orders given to you, to stay put and call for backup.

'What would [Sister Name] or [Brother Name] do? Probably help their friends, not caring about orders....'

Fuck... You can't do this...

You can't live with yourself being a coward. Besides, you won't be the only one getting in trouble, Shoto's gone too!

Just... don't think about what will happen next! Focus on what's happening right now! Focus on helping your friends!! You can't let them die!!

So that their families don't mourn for them like you mourned for your mother!!

————

You still can't fathom the fact that you went against a higher-ups orders.

Oh, God... You're shaking right now, the closer you approach the alley, the more scared you get.

You already loaded your gun with the sedative bullets, using the bullets Silver Bullet gave you because they could knock the Hero Killer out and you just needed to get your friends out of there.

Not fight him... Yeah, you're just saving your friends... Not fighting him!

You reached the alley and peaked inside, only to see...

Shoto close to getting slashed by the what seemed to the Hero Killer. Based purely on muscle memory, you raised the gun in your hands and aimed right at his arm.

Bullseye.

It's probably due to the distance not being that much.

The Hero Killer immediately jumped away as you turned yourself invisible while marching towards your friends and the hero on the ground. In the blink of an eye, all of them became invisible and you finally put on your goggles.

Did you forget to mention about your upgrades to your goggles? Now, they also got thermal detection, so fighting with your friends all invisible was no problem for you.

"[Last Name]-san?!" Midoriya muttered in shock as you heaved a shaky sigh, "Todoroki... We're in some deep shit once we get back, you understand that... don't you?"

Thanks to your thermal vision, you could see him gaping slightly before he finally closed his mouth, "Yeah, I know..."

He was more surprised over you showing up. Ever since middle school, he knew you were a goody two shoes. You could never ever rebel against higher-ups and to have you actively putting your life on the line to save theirs... He would never admit it but he was touched.

"[Last Name]-san!! You need to get these three away!! Please, you guys don't have to do this for me!" You heard Iida yell as the Hero Killer chuckled in amusement.

"So now you're concerned about them? You decided to seek vengeance, and your poor friends jumped in to save you. If they die tonight, their blood will be on your hands, you fake hero."

"How about you guys shut it? I don't have any plans on fighting this freak of nature, my plan is for all of us get the fuck out of here! We're not pros, we can't take this guy!"

"At least, the girl is smart. I'll give you that..."

Since you guys were still invisible, Stain was trying to figure out your positions, "This is the best chance, [Last Name]... Let's get this over with." You heard Shoto mutter and you snapped your head in his direction, "Are you crazy? Do you not remember Edgeshot's instructions?! You wanna fight the guy who's killed more pros than you and I have ever met?!"