Prologue

He looked up at was once a blue cloudless sky, now angry storm clouds. Marcel took of his glasses to clean off the lone rain drop that had fallen on them, He could hear thunder rumbling in the distance knowing that lightning would be on the way, he got up off the bench he was on and looked at his surroundings.
The park he was at was rather beautiful, lush green grass that blended into sandy white beaches of the ocean, palm trees lined the hiking trails along with thick, flourishing honeysuckle bushes that would sometimes be crowded with monarchs. Marcel started walking to nowhere in peculiar, maybe to the local bakery for the famous sweet bread that was sold there. Maybe he should go to Veronica's (his best friend since first grade) house to see what she was up to but she most likely with her boyfriend Leroy.
When he looked up he found himself at the abandoned park downtown which had rusted swings and grimy slides that people had tagged with spray paint. Staring at the ground he found a puddle in which he studied his reflexion, he saw soft dark curls that went past the middle if his forehead, pale clear skin with emerald colored eyes and thick lashes that cast shadows on his cheekbones. While Marcel was studying his reflection a car was hurtling down the grassy field in which he was standing in. He finally pulled away from looking down at the puddle it was already to late, all he could do was watch in terror as the car hit him and everything went black.