Yoichi x Reader (MULTI-PART)

Start from the beginning

"Hey! That's mine!" (Name) shouted at her, as they thrashed in the servants’ grip. Reaching for the arrows, the assistants were on high alert. "Restrain them!" The Captain's assistant said. They felt a cold pair of handcuffs cuff their hands. They shuddered at the chill.

"No! You don't understand!" They thrashed around. "That you tried assassinating the great Champion of Archery? Please, we already know what you're gonna say!" Saki shouted, seemingly being defensive of the champion. “So, you tried killing me? Who sent you?!” Yoichi yelled, clearly frustrated at them,.

"Please! I'm a rookie at archery, I don't know the basics of it!" They shakily said, as they looked at the ground in shame. "I-I don't even know how to shoot an arrow properly, I'm pathetic." They wallowed, still facing the ground, their upset face being out of view.

"Huh, They're aware," Yoichi mumbled, cooling down from his fiery demeanor earlier, as Saki snickered. “We should think of a punishment, Captain!” She said, with excitement. As (Name) was terrified of what they could do. "If it was intentional, that is." They let out a sigh of relief.

"This is intentional!" Saki said. "Look at them! What peasant would have a bow and arrow?" Yoichi and the others stared at her, with blank looks. “Really?” Yoichi commented, as she nodded vigorously. "What the-" "Fine, It's settled. You shall be exiled from this island, 3 weeks from now." The arrow collector said, as Yoichi snapped his head to look at the collector with a shocked look. “And who on earth thought of that punishment?! That’s quite harsh!”

(Name) was shattered, what was going to happen to them, outside? The island was all they ever knew. Tears fell from their eyes. They quickly wiped them off. "Is there anything else I can accept as a punishment?" They tried reasoning with the Champion and his Assistants.  "Well, you could assist Master Yoichi for a few months-" "I'll do it!" (Name) shouted, not even hesitating. Yoichi scoffed as he heard the suggestion.

"Very well then." "Are you seriously going to make THEM my assistant? They tried- Ouch- Killing me!" Yoichi yelled, as the servants started to examine the wound, some even touching it, he had to swat them away. "Sorry, Sir. But They insist." "But they can’t take care of anyone! Ow. Ow." The pain grew stronger. "Let's get back to the dojo." The assistants said, as they all entered the dojo.

"I'll help with your wound." (Name) suggested, as they went near Yoichi, seemingly trying to get closer to her superior. "That YOU caused? Uh, no thanks." Yoichi grumbled, as he glared at them. (Name) lightly grazed the wound, before jolting away as the samurai squirmed. "Aah! I said don't touch it!" Yoichi groaned.

"No, I insist." (Name) got some bandages and a first aid kit from their satchel, and started to clean the wound, Yoichi rolled his eyes as his wound was cleaned. (Name) hummed as they continued, they were quite used to patching up wounds, as their family came from a lineage of magicians specialized in healing.

He hissed at the slight pain, as she sterilized the gash. "You- Aren't used to wounds?" (Name) asked him. "I am!" Yoichi shouted at them, with a snarl. "Just- Just not used to the cleaning part." He said in a soft tone, (Name) slightly snickering at the change of demeanor. "Sure you are." (Name) teased, as they patted the gash with cotton. "Shut your mouth, I have a bow and arrow, and I know how to use it!"

"Woah now, No need to threaten me!" (Name) said with wide eyes, as they held their hands up for protection. As they made eye contact with the furrow browed samurai, they snickered. "Sorry, Sorry," Yoichi muttered. "That was uncalled for. I'm still getting used to this whole champion thing." He commented. For a short amount of time, the room was silent.

"Are you close with the other champions?" (Name) said.

"Well- No. As I've said earlier, I am still a newly made champion." Yoichi mumbled.

Yoichi felt a cold touch on his wound. "Ah! Kami, What are you doing?" Yoichi said, pulling away his arm. "I'm putting some ointment. So it'll heal faster.." (Name) said nonchalantly, as they put the ointment in their satchel. “There.”

"Why did your arrow go so far from where you were?" Yoichi asked, from out of the blue. "Well- I- Uh, I think I gripped the bow too hard?" (Name) sheepishly replied. Yoichi just chortled as he thought about the scenario in his head.

"Ah, Rookie mistake.You shouldn't do that, it'll cause your bow to turn, shooting your arrow somewhere else." Yoichi said. "Hmm. Tell you what.. I'll teach you some archery skills, since I'll be with you for a few months or so-" Yoichi offered them. “Don’t think this will make us buddy-buddy or something.”

"Sure, I'd like that." (Name) smiled at the archer. "Great, now how's my wound going- Oh Kami! Where did it go?" He looked at his previously wounded arm, which was now practically healing, the ointment sped up the healing process by a ton. "H-how did you-"

"Healing magic works wonders, no?" (Name) smirked as they put their ointment back in their bag. "Since.. We’re done with the wound part- How about let's call it a day." Yoichi said, trailing off in his words, as he leaned against his horse chariot.

"Eh? You don't need help?" (Name) tilted their head sideways, confused. "Well, today was sort of a rest day for me, you know? No meetings, no gatherings,  no training…" He said. "Until, you came and shot me-" He said, jokingly.

"Well, I’m sorry about that, mister champion!" (Name) said, mocking him slightly. The pair laughed in unison, as the two stared at each other after the laughs. "Haah, it's been a while since I've had a good laugh. Even if it’s with the person that almost killed me." (Name) sweatdropped. “I swear, it was an accident!” “Sure it was.”

“Tomorrow, I’ll be training for the championships. So, It’ll be nice to have an extra pair of arms for help.” Yoichi said. “Alright! See you tomorrow, my good sir.” Y/N joked as they walked to the doors.

Just as they stepped outside, they met with an angry arrow collector and a fuming servant. “Where do you think you’re going?” The arrow collector snorted. “Yeah, aren’t you his assistant?” Saki put her hands on her waist, glaring at them.

“He said he doesn’t need any help. So, I’ll be coming back tomorrow.” Y/N said with a blank stare. “Fine. If Ichi said so.” Saki said, pouting. ”Besides, we can’t have them staying in the dojo overnight. Who knows what they’ll do to the champion.” The arrow collector whispered to Saki. Saki stifled her laughs, and quickly regained her composure. “Anyways, Stay safe. I guess.” Saki said with a hint of toxicity.

Y/N thanked her as they passed the Torii gates. As they walked to the middle area of Champion Island, they gazed at the newly built archery statue.  It was Yoichi on his horse, with his bow and arrow in tow. ‘Well, the statue didn’t do him justice-‘ Y/N laughed to themselves as they went to go to their home in Tanooki City. 

They opened the door and let out an audible sigh. They plopped down on their sofa, and stared at a picture frame. It was of them with their friends during the last championship games. They smiled weakly, and stood up to fix themselves a drink.

As they sipped their drink, they looked closely at the picture. They nearly spat out their drink, as they saw a familiar figure in the crowd behind them.

It was blurry, yes, but they could still recognize that eboshi anywhere. With an even closer look, they were sure that it was the current Archery champion, Yoichi. “Holy….”