Chapter 7 - "Home"

Start from the beginning

I couldn't help but feel curious. Was she maybe feeling empty that she doesn't have what she can call a 'home'? Or maybe she was just missing her real one?

Who was Sora even is before she became a guardian of the forest?

I could only wonder why. I don't want to force her into saying anything. I know she wouldn't just open up about herself that easily as well. It's better for her to tell me voluntarily rather than questioning her about it.

"I... I apologize." Sora suddenly stated, her gaze towards the ground not shifting away.

"What for?"

"For mistreating you most of the time ever since you came to this forest. I did not intend to treat you that way."

My eyebrow raised at her words. I'm glad she's being sincere, but what for? Why so suddenly?

Nonetheless, I assured her about it. "You don't have to worry, Sora. I know you're simply trying to protect what's important for you."

"Still, it was not the best approach towards you."

"I get where you're going for, Sora. And it's okay."

The guardian stopped her tracks and then turned her direction towards me before saying, "You're... very interesting."

Her statement had left me in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Hm? Nothing." She said one last time before she continued walking again, leaving me stunned by her sudden actions.

Something about her today feels so strange. What is she trying to achieve by being this difficult?

---

Soon enough, we found ourselves back into Sora's cabin. Neither of us had said a word to each other after our last conversation. And here I am, dying to know what's on her mind since earlier.

"Princess..?" Sora started, which made my ears perk up, thinking that she's finally going to open up.

"Yes?"

"...are you famished? It's almost dinnertime."

And of course, my assume was incorrect, which is quite a disappointment.

It's Sora, Kim Dahyun. Did you really presume that she'd open up anything about herself so soon?

"A-ah, not really. But I'd be around if you ever whip something up." I responded, in which she only gave a slight nod before dropping in complete silence yet again.

I just sighed internally. It's very difficult to comprehend someone who clearly do not want to be understood.

Sora can be quite the challenge. But I understand. After all, it's not easy to just let anyone in your life, especially someone who invaded your only supposedly property.

Before I even knew it, the guardian had already went outside of the cabin, leaving me alone sitting on her pallet bed as I fell deep in thought about my curiosity for what's currently inside Sora's mind right now.

I decided to take a nap for a little while to ease my thoughts. Maybe I'm just overthinking about everything a little too much. This is just how Sora was, right?

---

Timeskip

"-princess? Princess, wake up."

My eyes slowly fluttered open due to Sora's voice and light taps on my cheek, signalling me to wake up.

I sat up from the bed and stretched my arms as I yawn, facing Sora after with groggy eyes. "Hm? What is it?"