Chapter 5 - "Cruelty of the Royalty"

Sora's POV

I had no intention of keeping the princess in the forest.

That's correct. I never intended to keep anyone in this forbidden forest. I could care less if I lived alone, surrounded by forests and wild creatures.

I've been here for a decade, after being kicked out by a king whose name I can't recall. I had purposefully forgotten who he was.

As far as I know, I was raised by royalties. They weren't, however, nearly as powerful as the king who had castrated me in this woodland. As a result, they had no choice but follow the king's instructions. They, however, disguised myself as someone else.

Someone who isn't who I am.

My previous carelessness led to in the loss of my foster parents, my dearest and most cherished possessions.

I have no idea exactly where I originated nor what my actual name was. Was I merely a commoner, or was I also considered royalty? I could never discover the answers to my questions.

Kang Sora was the name selected for me by my foster parents, who were both royalties of the Kang's Domain, albeit they were on a much lesser level than the rest of the kingdoms because the king, my foster father, was still young back then.

He could have guarded my will as his own child if he had been his age just now before I was put out in the forest.

It is too late to intervene now; I'm already recognized as the famed 'guardian of the forbidden forest,' despite the fact that I'm simply another human being.

Have you ever wondered why I prevented the princess from fleeing the forest? I feel the same way.

I've previously stated that I've kept her as a means for my secret to remain hidden. But there is more to it than that.

She fled their lands, yet I would kill to hear someone inform me that I could possibly go back to my foster parents' kingdom.

But the mere fact that she fled piqued my interest. Why was her gown ripped? What was she crying about? What made her flee their kingdom?

Why... does she look so fragile?

Anyone with a royal title perturbs me. The recollections of the cruel king tossing me out of the realm were enough to infuriate me merely by mentioning their status in the royal family.

The sight of the princess wailing on her knees had a profound impression on me, as if a hole had just torn through my heart once more.

Those feelings, the same circumstance... It reminds me of myself.

That's exactly how I felt when I saw the princess's plight for the first moment within this woodland.

As soon as I sensed a danger approaching the princess, I was unable to reply. I had no choice except to pursue her and ensure her safety.

After I saved her, I took excellent care of her. I couldn't just abandon her ruthlessly, regardless of how much I loathe encountering another royal when I thought I'd fled them a long time ago.

After all... it wasn't her fault that I despised royalties in the first place...

I told the princess every detail after she awoke. Except for one fact.

I could have cared less if anyone discovers my real identity as the forest protector. What I was concerned about was a royal discovering out about it.

Reason I didn't tell the princess anything about myself till I was sufficiently trusting in her.