before.

──────⊱⁜⊰──────

"aurora!"
my sister, marina, shouted to me.i hurried down the steps of the restaurant and ran to the car.i sat in the passenger seat and looked to my sister.

"what the hell's going on? people are going crazy, attacking eachother!" i panicked.

"calm down. some new virus is spreading, we need to get back to the lodge." she drove away.

we were staying in a nice lodge in the woods with our mother, 4 other sisters and our baby brother. i had no idea how mum got the money to take us on holiday to america, but we all appreciated it. we needed the break.

we arrived at the house and we both sprinted into the house, immediately hearing crying.
"erin!" i called out to my younger sister who was curled up in the corner holding theo, the baby.
"what's wrong? where's mum and the others?" i ask, marina pacing about behind me

"mum went crazy and tried to attack me.. gabriella led her away and went upstairs, but camilla and antonia are still at that club! oh god... what if something happened to them?" she rambled, shaking.

"calm down, erin. they're fine, i'm sure. i'm gonna go check on gabi. you stay here, marina, go get cam and toni." i ordered.

i carefully walked up the stairs, until i heard a thud, then ran the rest of the way. immediately i saw blood on the walls and i could hear gabi struggling.
i opened the door to gabi's room and saw her holding mum's bloody body away from her, as she was growling and trying to bite her.

"mum! what the fuck?!" i grabbed our mum and pulled her off my sister. she spun around and fell into me, making us both fall to the floor. she tried to get to my face and bite me, but i kicked her off and grabbed a lamp off the desk, whacking her in the head with it multiple times.
she stopped moving.

"oh-oh my god- mum..?" i was in disbelief at what i'd done. had i really just murdered my mum?

"rory.." gabi started before i started sobbing, screaming and saying over and over again, 'i didn't mean to!' and 'i'm sorry!'.

"rory, rory, stop. you did what you had to do." she grabbed me and hugged me tightly. she was crying too, but she was trying to be strong.

"we- we need to go." i wiped my tears. "marina's gone to get toni and cam, when she's back, we'll leave. get all your essentials, and maybe have a shower too. it could be a while till your next." i stood up and raced downstairs to get erin and theo, and told her the same.

marina did not come back with our other sisters.

we were forced to leave without them, and it broke a part of us inside.

──────⊱⁜⊰──────