Begging Becomes Your Lovesong

A/N: This one-shot goes out to PockyCookie who wanted to see some more Josh and Sunny. Hopefully this doesn't disappoint to horribly! 

Josh snorted as he stirred from a shallow slumber upon hearing what sounded like sharp tappings in the distance. His cheek was pressed up against his arms that were folded on top of the open book on his workspace table, his long thick curls pulled back into a low ponytail. He blinked as his eyes adjusted to the darkened room, the automatic lights having long since dimmed due to his stillness. The tapping noise came again and he sat up, rubbing his cheek to fade the impression the fabric of his sleeve had made against his skin. He turned to the classroom glass door where he saw a statuesque blonde standing outside. Her soft sandy curls were piled on top of her head in a messy updo and she was wearing a black trench coat with silver buttons paired with black knee-high boots.

His Sunshine.

A look of relief spread across her face as he stood from the chair and rounded the table before he strode across the room toward the locked door. Her lips pursed as she crossed her arms as she waited for him to open the door. Once the door was opened she brushed past him and stepped inside, looking around the classroom.

"Do you know what time it is? I was getting worried!" Sunny sighed, her ocean blue eyes scanning around the empty classroom room before meeting his gaze, "And here I thought you were out with the boys."

"I'm sorry," Josh said as he rubbed his cheek again, blinking the sleep from his eyes, "I asked the instructor to stay behind so I could study a little more."

"Josh," Sunny sighed before she stepped up to him, her full bottom lip pulling down into a pout as her fingers found the belt that threaded through the loops of his dark cargo pants and pulled him closer to her, "You're stressing yourself out too much about this. Everything's gonna be fine."

"I just...want to be sure," Josh said with a shrug as he looked back at the black matte table he had fallen asleep at, his open textbook nesting a notebook that he had been scrawling notes in, "I got the final exam next week and I don't want to just pass...I need to ace it."

"You're going to," Sunny assured him before she reached up and cupped his cheek with her hand. His eyes closed and he sighed at her touch, "As long as you don't stress yourself out too much you will be fine....and I'll take you out to dinner to celebrate."

Josh grabbed her wrist and held her hand to his cheek for a moment before he opened his eyes, his slate blue eyes meeting Sunny's ocean-like gaze, "You know I'm doing this for us, right? The band can't sustain the way it is and-"

"I know," Sunny nodded as she cast an empathetic, yet sad, smile at him. It hadn't been a secret between the two of them that Josh's band, Type O Negative, hung precariously in the balance of fate. Josh would normally make a dry, snarky comment about how he'd be glad for the demise of the band and for it to be put out of its misery for once and for all, but Sunny knew it was really tearing him up inside. Everything happening with the band was directly related to his best friend's well-being...or lack thereof. Sunny went up on her toes and placed a kiss on his lips, cupping his cheeks with both her hands before she cooed softly, "C'mon, let's go home."

"I should stay awhile longer-" Josh sighed as he turned his head and his eyes locked on his workspace. He let out a sigh as Sunny stretched up and rubbed her nose against his before brushing his lips with hers in a kiss. He placed his hands on her hips and kissed her again softly before his eyes locked on hers, "Go on ahead. I'll be home soon."

"Nuh-uh," Sunny responded as she turned his gaze back towards her with a serious look on her face. Her lips had pulled into a pout again as a crease formed between her eyebrows, "I'm not leaving unless you leave with me, Buster."