A selfish or wise choice ?

Start from the beginning

         "You..." Sanemi tried to say something but he was having trouble breathing.

          "Here..." I grab a water bottle.

          He stared at the water for a moment, before reluctantly taking it.

         "This isn't over..." He muttered.

          He's very... stubborn when it comes to admitting defeat.

          "Thank you for the spar..." I thanked.

            "Whatever... you didn't get weaker..." He pointed out.

            "I'm able to use my legs more now... all I need to do is now recover my arm, and I'll be back on missions...." I explained.

           "You better hurry up and do that... I'm tired of covering your sorry a**..." He said.

          "Covering?" I asked.

           "Your f****** missions, Himejima and I have to cover for you..." He explained.

            I didn't know the two were covering for me. I wish I can do the missions, but I'm not allowed in this state. Oyakata-sama strictly told me I'm not allowed to return to duty until my injuries are fully healed. It doesn't help, Kocho is the one looking after me.

             "Sorry..." I mutter.

            "Shutup! The f*** are you apologizing for you? You defeated an upper moon, anyone would have gotten hurt. You saying sorry is an insult to us..."He pointed out.

           I guess that's true. Speaking of the Upper moon, I don't have long until Uzui starts his upper moon hunt. I don't know if my arm will heal on time by then.

           "And it irritates me you defeated me, not even being fully healthy!" he yelled out in frustration.

             My recovery effort has been great not only thanks to Kocho but Sanemi as well. He's come to spar with me between missions, sparring with him has allowed me to not rust and maintain my combat prowess.

           "Thanks... for coming to spar with me from time to time, it's helped me not rust." I thanked him.

         "Whatever... as long as you get back in form, I don't care..."

             Sanemi slowed picked himself off the ground and grabbed his wooden katana. Is he trying to fight again?

           "Tch... we'll have to end our fight early... my sword's chipped..." He pointed at his katana.

             When did that happen? I would have noticed if it did. Maybe I am rusty to some extent when it comes to combat.

           "That last attack you did, it chipped my sword. Then it created the opening you needed you strike my chest right...?" Sanemi asked irritatingly.

           Now I get it, so that's what created that opening to attack. His sword was chipped from our attack, so he couldn't fully block the attack. How did I not notice that?

          "Yeah..."

           Sanemi then took my sword and looked at it to see if it was also chipped. I don't think it was chipped from what I saw.

           "Don't be so smug, just because you won..." He reluctantly spoke.

            I guess my sword wasn't chipped.

           "Ara~ another spar, what did I say last time?" Kocho suddenly appeared.

            "Kocho..."